Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Leavin' On a Jet Plane (with $20 in his pocket)!

When Logan and Morgan were trying to decide where to go on their honeymoon, they had a lot of ideas. I, of course, wanted them to stay in the US...just because neither one of them have had a ton of experience flying. And I thought that IF there was a problem and IF we had to get to them, how much easier it would be if they were in Florida. Or Colorado. Or even Hawaii.

They were so excited when they told us they found this great deal on GROUPON.

To the Dominican Republic.

I told Jim and that's how Jim died.

But, Logan paid for it himself and it was already a done deal, and they were beside themselves with excitement.

Because of this "great deal," they had to fly out of Nashville...which is about a 6 hour drive from Little Rock. And, because of this "great deal," their flight out of Nashville would be leaving at the crack of dark-thirty...which is great for young couples on their honeymoons. Except not.

Last week, I started asking Logan about this trip...was it "all-inclusive?" He said, "yes, ma'am!" So I asked him how much money he was planning to take. He looked at me and said, SLOWLY, "it's all inclusive...we don't need to bring any money."

Bless it.

My baby is going to a foreign country with no money.

All of a sudden he says, "OH YEAH! Morgan and I each need to bring $10. We have to get a special card to get into the country, and we each have to have a $10 bill."

My baby is going to a foreign country with twenty bucks.

I said, "Logan, I really think you need to bring some money." He was all, like, "why?" And I proceeded to list everything from trinkets...to a flight home...to an emergency. He just looked at me. I asked, "Logan, can you access your debit card while you're over there?" He shrugged and said, "I think." I asked, "okay...how much money is in your checking account."

"$109.00."

And that's how Jim died again.

My baby is going to a foreign country with twenty bucks and $109 in his checking account.

I again listed reasons he might need more money, so he agreed to transfer some from his savings. How much did he transfer, you ask? $300.

My baby is going to a foreign country with twenty bucks and $409 in his checking account.

Bless it.

We did help with their honeymoon and gave Logan some money and a Visa card...but everyone at the wedding who had heard this story...was giving him money right and left.

We know they made it to the DR safely. Probably won't hear from them all week. I know that God is there with them, just as He is here with me. I just want them home safe and sound...with great memories to treasure.

"The eyes of the LORD are in every place..." Proverbs 15:3

No comments:

Post a Comment