Friday, June 13, 2014

Funky Town

I've been in kind of a funk since the wedding.

I don't know why.

Last week, Logan and Mosrgan were having a blast on their honeymoon.  Joshua was at Camp Barnabas. We were here at home, and I just wanted the other two kids to gather around me and SIT. Like, 24/7.

Needless to say, that didn't happen because...ummm...well...Holly lives with her HUSBAND.

In their own home.

Because they're married.

Urg.

And Clark seemed to be gone a lot because SUMMER.

I realize it's not realistic or fair to expect my kids to meet my emotional needs. I KNOW. I'm not new here.

When Holly got married, everyone said, "oh, go on a trip after the wedding!" And we were thinking, "with what money?" Ha.

But seriously.

Actually, we didn't feel the need to leave and get away, since we had 3 boys still at home. Things were loud and busy.

Right now I'm kinda missing the noise.

So, I'm kind of thinking that the whole taking-a-trip-after-the-wedding thing would've been a good idea after Logan's wedding. Joshua was already going to be gone to Camp Barnabas. Clark could've gone with us...and it would've been better than trying to fill the days in a very quiet house.

This week, Clark is gone to the beach with his girlfriend's family. He says that he's "having a blast," and that "her family is really cool."

Humph.

I'M KIDDING.

This is also the first summer in about 8 years that we don't have a son attending summer football practices, 7 on 7 games and football camps. Clark has decided not to play football his senior year of high school, so this is his first summer ever to have some extra free time. I'm kind of sad about it...not as much for him not wanting to play as I am for US not getting to enjoy watching him and being a part of the team.

You know...making it all about ME.

(oh just be quiet)

Clark does have a job that he will start on Monday after he gets back from the beach.

There's just lots of changes going on around here, and it's a new day.

What was wrong with the old day, again?

I don't like change, even though sometimes change is necessary and sometimes change is good. No one wants to be stale and bored, right?

Today, Holly and I took Joshua to see "Maleficent." I was kind of nervous about it. I was one of "those" moms who was very protective of what my kids watched on tv and at movies. In fact, it's a fun little trip down memory lane (NOT) when the kids are all here together and one of the rat finks will say, "hey, remember how we weren't allowed to watch that? Or do that? Or go there?" And they all give me the HARDEST TIME.

But, guess what? They all survived, and they are fine, upstanding students and young adults. Hell didn't freeze over and they didn't indeed JUST DIE like they swore they would if we didn't let them do what they wanted to do.

Wonders never cease!

(And the "kids" made it okay in the movie. Of course, Joshua is 28 and Holly is 25...so there's THAT!)

"Be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the LORD..." Psalm 31:24

No comments:

Post a Comment