Monday, June 23, 2014

Cleaning and Painting...and Hanging Plates!

Today we had a quiet day. It was great and much needed. The weather was cloudy and it sprinkled earlier, and then poured down rain just before 5 p.m. when everyone was hitting the roads to head to their homes. I kind of wanted it to rain all day today, just because I like when it rains on a stay-home day. Because ALL ABOUT ME. But then I thought of Clark traveling back and forth to Little Rock in bad weather...and Jim and Aaron are also both traveling today...and then I hoped it would stay clear.

I spent the day using my new washing machine and dryer...and generally straightening up around here. When Jim is gone, one of the first things I do is clean out the frig. I'm all for saving left-overs, but that boy loves to keep EVERYTHING.

For a lonnnnng time.

My frig is clean now, tho. :)

And then I painted some in Logan's bedroom. I was toying with the idea of making his room a little more feminine, since he's married now. More than likely, if he ever stays here, it will probably be he and Morgan together. His room was red, white and blue. He had a large American flag that Jim gave him on one wall. I think it had flown over Jim's office building at one point. Logan wanted the flag, so when I asked him if he wanted the bedding, too...he said, "yes!" So I gave him all the bedding AND THE PILLOWS...and when I asked if he wanted the lamp, he said, "yes!" So I gave him the lamp.

And then the idea that I was toying with kind of had to become a reality, because once you give away everything in the bedroom, you're committed to the re-do.

I chose a gray color for his walls. I hope it will look good. I'm not really a "gray" kind of person. I bought a yellow lamp-base with a bright, flowery lampshade. I'm thinking of doing white bedding with some yellow, green and coral accent pillows...and some new curtains.

It might be a tad more feminine than I first had in mind. :) Heeheehee...

Later this afternoon, Joshua and I went over to Holly's house and helped her put up a "plate wall" in her kitchen. It turned out great! She has a plate from each of her great-grandmothers and then some new ones she's picked up here and there. A mix of the old and the new.

After that, we all went out for dinner, and now we are watching the LEGO movie.

We lead an exciting life!

"Let everything that has breath praise the LORD." Psalm 150:6

No comments:

Post a Comment