Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!

This morning, Joshua and I went and picked up Holly at her house...and then we went shopping! Joshua wanted to pick up something for Jenni for Valentine's Day. My mother-in-law suggested he look at a teddy bear or something not too expensive, but he informed her that he "would not be going CHEAP."

Well, ooooooooookay.

So I called in reinforcements: Holly. She suggested we go to Target and maybe look at some perfumes, so that's what we did. There were a lot of different fragrances to choose from. Holly was spraying them on her wrists, and then letting Joshua decide whether or not it smelled good.

She's good at some things but...amateur.

It wasn't about the smell.

I picked up two different boxes of Taylor Swift perfume and said, "what about one of these?" Joshua said, "Oh, yeah...Jenni likes Taylor Swift."

See what I did there?

Then, I saw a Faith Hill perfume and showed him. He said, "that's good, too...either one of those."

It could smell like dog poo, but if a country singer's name is on the box...I'm pretty sure Jenni will love it. Because, like she texted him the other night, he is a "townie," and she is a "COUNTRY GRIL."

We ended up getting one of the Taylor Swift perfumes. Both boxes were sealed, and they didn't have a tester, so there was no way to know what either one smelled like. BUT, one box had a picture of Taylor Swift on it so that's the one he chose. Like I knew he would.

Because we all know that Country Grils love Taylor Swift.

Joshua also chose two nail polishes for her: one was an OPI Red...and one was an OPI Pink that's name was "Shortstory." Or something like that. It was between that and a different pink called "Strawberry Margarita," and I KNEW he would pick the one with "short" in the name. Because he and Jenni are both short.

Joshua chose a hot-pink, chevron print gift bag, because hot pink is Jenni's favorite color. And then he chose hot pink and white polka-dot tissue paper. He also chose a very sweet "unromantic" card, because he said, "me and Jenni don't go for that romantic stuff."

Yeah, right. Then how come we have to go looking for you guys every time you're together, and tell you to GET OUT OF THE BEDROOM!

Stinkers.

We met up with Jenni and her helper-friend, Tiffanie, and the three of them went to eat. Holly and I went to grab lunch, just the two of us. And it was really fun. A great Valentine lunch.

After lunch, Holly and I went to the Hallmark shop, and we were in line with the losers who waited until the DAY OF to buy cards for their husbands.

We picked up Joshua and came home. He went upstairs to get ready for the BIG BALL tonight! Holly came over to shave his neck and trim his eye-dees. Eye-dees are what he calls his eye-brows. He's called them that since he was a baby. He says that he will have a "unibrow" if she doesn't trim his "eye-dees." Jim and I are completely willing and able to help him with this stuff. Joshua's response is "uhhh...I'll save it for Holly."

Jim and I don't really exchange gifts much. If there's something we want or need, we save up for it until we can get it. I walked in from lunch today, and there were these two large ceramic pots sitting on the floor in front of our fireplace. One of them had a Valentine's card with my name on it. They were from Jim. He said he found them at Wal-Mart...ON SALE.

Well, boy howdy!

I think I should say at this point that I'm not being ungrateful. It's just that a LONG time ago, I was informed that things dealing with the yard, and flowers, plants or pots...I was forbidden to touch. All because I pulled up some vine things that I thought were weeds. Sheesh. I was just trying to help.

So, I got tickled when I saw these pots. I knew they weren't really FOR ME. But they're for OUR home and it was such a sweet thought.

Plus, in keeping with the spirit of his gift, I bought him some really cute earrings that I will be wearing tonight...so it's all good!

AND, I just got a call that Logan is coming home from college for the weekend!

"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment