Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Joshua's Valentine Ball! 2014!

So, Valentine's Day.

It was the day of the BIG BALL for Joshua's group! Joshua had already been to lunch with Jenni, and to the gym with Jim. It was almost time to head down to Little Rock.

We had decided that we would eat here in town and avoid some of the Valentine's Day crowds.

Um. Yeah. About that.

We left our house at 5 and planned to go to the Outback in our town for dinner....and we showed up there, along with every other person in our town. Seriously? I thought at 5 o'clock on Valentine's Day, the only people who would be there would be a few senior citizens.

I'm nearly there, people.

It was PACKED...with a ONE HOUR WAITING LIST.

We decided that the only person who really needed to eat before the Valentine Ball was Joshua, and he said McDonald's was fine with him. LOVE HIM. So we picked up dinner for him and then went home so he could eat...and THEN we headed down to Little Rock. We got there on time and took several pictures of him and Jenni at the Valentine's Sock-Hop. I put them on my Facebook page: Marty Logan Garland.

Then, we...Jim and I, Clark and Faith...had to decide on dinner. I told them that the fastest place to eat would be a Mexican or Chinese restaurant, because they get you in and out fast. The reason we wanted to eat relatively quickly was because the Ball started at 7, and ended at 9:30. For Clark's birthday, I had promised to take him shopping...also known as why-don't-I-just-gouge-out-my-own-eyes-because-yes-it's-that-painful. And the mall closed at 9.

So, we went to Pei Wei, and had a great meal. Jim's meal was delivered about 5 minutes after the rest of our food, so the manager came over and took 50% off of our ENTIRE MEAL for the "inconvenience." Hello, Pei Wei...we'll be back! By the time we got to the mall, right across the street...we had 35 minutes to shop.

THIRTY-FIVE MINUTES.

TO SHOP.

WITH CLARK.

It's like a perfect storm.

But we found 3 pair of jeans, and a pair of khakis and a shirt...and I kept most of my hair. So, it was a good time.

And, FUNNY STORY...if, ya know, you aren't a MOM who is quickly being pushed out of the picture, except for, you know, paying for stuff.

And this isn't about paying for stuff...because this was his birthday gift.

I saw this one shirt and I thought it was SO CUTE...so while Clark was in the dressing room, I brought it back to him. Which, I should've known the fact that I liked it was the kiss of death, but, anyway...I said, "do you like this shirt?" His response: "not.at.all."

But then these two girls were back there trying stuff on, and they saw the whole thing and were all, like, "ohmygosh...my brother has that shirt, and ohmygosh...it is sooo cute!" And then Clark started looking at the shirt in a new light. All of a sudden, he thought it might be okay to wear.

UMMM...NO, SIR. That shirt is now dead to me. I snatched it up and put it right back on the shelf. Two strange teeny-bopper girls' opinions are better than mine? I don't think so.

Joshua had a great time at the Ball. He said it was just as fun as last year's BALL. He danced and danced and danced. He said that he and Jenni didn't dance together very much, which is a good thing. All the friends danced with everyone...and that is ALSO a good thing. Everyone was happy!

"From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the LORD is to be praised." Psalm 113:3

No comments:

Post a Comment