Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Joshua and The Rapture

My husband is a health nut. Me? Notsomuch.

I mean, I want to be healthy...exercise, eat nutritious foods, lower my stress. I have lived through losing my Mom to a heart-attack. I know the importance of a healthy lifestyle in reducing the risk of heart disease.

Then, explain my Dad. Please.

Eats healthy, exercises at least 3 times a week, low blood pressure, heart rate and cholesterol.

He had a heart attack, and even his physician could not find a "risk group" to put him in.

One of my friends says that "life's a crap-shoot." That you can eat what you want and exercise...or not...none of it really matters.

Now, I don't believe that exactly. I do believe that God has ordained the number of our days on this Earth.

But, maybe we are predisposed to some things...or maybe there's really nothing we can do to prevent some diseases. Maybe the goal is to prolong the time until we get them? Maybe the goal is to reduce the side-effects of treatment or the recovery time after surgery?

I sure don't know.

What I do know: My husband works hard. He exercises several times every week. While I quit when I get tired or it's too much...he pushes himself harder. To do more.

And like clock-work, every morning, he's in the cabinet...taking his supplements. He takes a multi-vitamin every day. He also takes Vitamin D, Osteo Bi-Flex (Joshua says "Dad takes Bioflex") and Fish Oil. All things that are recommended by his physician. I'd like to take all of that stuff, too, but I forget about it. I take one prescription pill every morning, and I have to write it down when I do...otherwise, I can't remember if I need to take it, or I've already taken it.

Getting older is FUN!

On the way to Therapeutic Recreation this week, Joshua said, "I hope the Rapture comes when I am 50, because I am really not about dying here." He went on, "If the Rapture comes when I am 50, I will be married and have my children...but I won't have to deal with taking Bioflex and the Fish Oi-YUL every morning like Dad does.

I would rather just POOF to Heaven when I'm 50 and not have to take fish oi-yul."

I hear ya.

"Then we who are still alive will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and so we will always be with the Lord." 1 Thessalonians 4:17

1 comment:

  1. You know what? So would i! Come quickly, Lord Jesus! And Happy Easter to your family!

    ReplyDelete