Monday, February 24, 2014

Weekend Update (Yawn)

We have had a pretty boring quiet weekend.

Jim, Joshua and I went out for dinner on Friday night. Woo-hoo. Big night at the Slim Chickens.

On Saturday, Jim, Joshua and Clark...and Aaron-the-son-in-law, went over to help a friend move a large hot-tub. The friend had two other people with him , and they needed every single person. Jim had said he didn't think the hot tub would be all THAT heavy.

UMMMM...it weighed 850 pounds!

After they got it loaded on the 4-wheeler trailer and then in the back of the moving van...Jim and Clark drove up to Russellville to help unload it.

While they were gone, Holly and I went to Sherwin-Williams to get some paint...and to Target.

Hello? Hello? You still there?

We were wanting to get Clark a Keurig for his birthday. I wasn't sure which one to get, and since Holly has one, she went with me. We came back home and she got it all set up while Aaron and Joshua watched the Razorback basketball game. Then she and Aaron went to meet friends for dinner, and Jim, Joshua, Clark, Faith and I all went to eat here in town.

Yesterday was church and I already wrote about that...but what I didn't write about was that we had a prayer walk at the new building last night, and that was really neat. We move into our new building in about 5 weeks!

It was a really quiet weekend...which is good. The only thing even remotely exciting was that I was almost run over in The Krogers (as my mother-in-law calls it) by a lady pushing a buggy WITH HER ELBOWS because she was texting.

Near.death.experience.

She was wearing pajammies, so clearly she had a lot going on.

And then when I got in line to pay, I noticed that the lady who was two people ahead of me looked EXACTLY like Beth Moore. Well, from the back, and anyway I got so excited!

It never occurred to me that it was highly improbable that Beth Moore would be at the Kroger in my small town in Central Arkansas...but you just never know when a person might need something. My mother-in-law says you can find "everything, just everything" at The Krogers.

And, on another note, I am always surprised at the number of people who think wearing pajammies OUT IN PUBLIC is okay. Not gonna lie...I have worn my pjs longer some mornings than others. I have worn them in my car when taking my kids to school. But trolling down an aisle at the grocery store...or, say, looking at paint samples at Sherwin-Williams...really? I'm struck between being appalled...and JEALOUS!

But leaning more toward appalled.

And the other thing that happened was that I almost choked to death on Motrin.

I was heading back down to Little Rock to pick up Joshua, and I had the worst headache. When I got in the car and didn't have any other distractions...except, you know, other people driving like maniacs around me and trying to keep my own car on the road...I remembered that I had a bottle of Motrin in my purse. So while I drove down the highway through the construction zones, I dug around in my purse until I found the bottle of Motrin. Then, WHILE KEEPING MY EYES ON THE ROAD mind you, I poured out 2 Motrin into my hand and put the top back on...and dropped the bottle back down in my purse.

That girl in the grocery store was SO distracted.

That's when I realized that I didn't have anything to drink...to wash down the Motrin. My head was pounding, so I figured I could swallow them one at a time just using my "dub."

"Dub" is what Joshua used to call his spit, or saliva. He may still call it that for all I know because we don't have a lot of times that we use the word, "saliva."

So I tried to make as much dub as I could, and then I put one Motrin in my mouth. And you know what is hard? Trying to swallow a pill when you don't have a drink...and you are DRIVING...and you don't have enough dub. Hello? Not gonna lie...had to choke the first one down. But I was determined, so I put the other one in my mouth. Big problem: I hadn't had enough time to make more dub, and that Motrin tablet got lodged in the back of my throat and WOULD.NOT.MOVE. And I started to panic...and my throat started to close up.

And that's how I died.

JUST KIDDING.

I don't recommend this system at all.

Interesting how we...and by 'we' I mean I...can easily point out the bad behavior and poor choices of others...but am quick to justify my own bad behavior and poor choices by thinking what I'm doing is necessary...or that I'm being safe, even when clearly I am distracted.

Because, hit by distracted lady with a buggy at the grocery? Cuts, bruises, stern words, embarrassment.

Hit someone with my car because I'm searching for Motrin in my purse? Death.

Just sayin'.

I finally was able to find a peppermint in the bottom of my purse and that helped with the saliva/dub situation...and by the time I got to LR, I wasn't feeling like I was choking to death anymore.

So...that's my exciting weekend. It's good to have some "down" time every once in a while.

"...God gives rest to His loved ones." Psalm 127:2

No comments:

Post a Comment