Friday, September 23, 2016

Camping Trip Update, Marley's Escape, & My Boppy

Well, Joshua made it home safe and sound from his camping trip. He was FULL of stories from his 2 days away...and whenever he would tell us about it, he had to start at the very beginning. He HAD to.

Also, he will go in order of events...minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day.

DO NOT INTERRUPT HIM. DO NOT ASK FOLLOW-UP QUESTIONS.

He will just start over from the very beginning...and there's no possible way to get those minutes of your life back.

SAVE YOURSELF.

He had a great time. Everyone in the "guy's cabin," got along GREAT. As expected, there was drama in the "girl's cabin." He didn't know what it was...just that there was some.

Bless the staff.

Jim and Aaron-the-son-in-law were each out-of-town yesterday, so Holly and I were on our own for dinner. I made Shepherd's Pie for us. I thought it was something she could take in her lunch today...she had to work.

She brought the baby over to my house, along with her little half-a-dog, Marley. I let Marley out back to potty, like normal...and went to check on him in about a minute. He was gone.

Like yesterday.

GONE.

Like Elvis and his mom.

(sorry...I'm done)

I called, I whistled, I clapped my hands....nothing.

I came in and told Holly. She was feeding the baby, but I went out the front door, and walked up and down our street.

Nothing.

I saw two women walking toward me. It was pitch dark outside. One of the ladies was carrying a dog, but it wasn't Marley. She asked if I lived at the house...she had a piece of our mail that was delivered to her by mistake. We talked a minute, and then I told her that we were looking for Holly's dog. I described him to her, and asked for them to let us know if they saw him.

Well, they didn't get too far past our house, when they yelled..."is this him?" There, running in the dad-gum MIDDLE of the street, was Holly's dog...cars stopped in both directions for him, thankfully. The neighbor lady scooped him up, and carried him to me. When I took him, he was shaking uncontrollably.

I wanted to shake him uncontrollably.

I'm KIDDING.

But, really.

Since Maggie-the-good-dog passed away, Marley doesn't want to stay in our backyard. We have a privacy fence on 3 sides, but the front of our fence is wrought-iron bars. We haven't really had many problems with Marley escaping, because he wanted to stay back there with Maggie.

My other exciting news is that I bought myself a Boppy. Those of you with babies or young children know what I'm talking about. They are a brand of nursing pillows...they can be used for support while the baby is being fed, no matter who is feeding them, or how you are feeding them. You can also use it for to support the baby in your lap. Things like that. I bought one so that Holly wouldn't have to lug hers over here every time she came over.

This thing is life-changing.

Not even kidding.

I love it. I wore it around my waist all night, like an innertube. I even slept with it in our bed last night, which was every bit as wonderful as you might imagine for Jim. Except NOT. :) Right now, I'm using it as a desk...I'm in my recliner, with my computer balanced on top of it.

Also, as a BONUS: you can put the Boppy pillow on your head, like an Egyptian head-dress, and sing "Pharaoh, Pharaoh, Ohhhh baby, let my people go (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)..."

No?

Well, that's all I got. I did not sleep well at all last night...and I kept Rhodie all day today. It's a thousand wonders I can even string together a sentence at this time of night.

"Sing to the Lord, bless His name; tell of His salvation from day to day." Psalm 96:2

No comments:

Post a Comment