Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Labor Day 2016: The Weekend of Death, Part 2

So, after Logan started feeling better, we found out a little more about what went on in the night.

Apparently, he was roaming the house like the Ghost of Christmas Past. He didn't want to disturb anyone (um...too late!), so he went looking for an empty room...and an empty bed.

And a different bathroom.

Because just infecting his own bathroom wasn't enough.

So he went upstairs to Joshua's bathroom...which is probably the nastiest room in our house. Joshua TRIES to clean it, he does...but he doesn't do a very good job. The other kids refuse to use that bathroom. This is how I know Logan was feeling desperate.

But then, he opened Clark's bedroom door. Clark said Logan was standing there in his underwear. He was wrapped up in the nice, puffy, white comforter that is on his and Morgan's bed.

And he was carrying a trashcan.

Clark said that Logan looked at him, and said, "oh...you're in here?"

IT'S ONLY HIS BEDROOM, LOGAN.

And then Logan said that Clark sat straight up in bed, and said, "whassup?" And, "can I help you?"

Which is how Logan ended up back downstairs, on the couch, in the living room.

How all of this goes on IN MY OWN HOUSE and I don't hear it is beyond me...because I am a VERY light sleeper.

If you're keeping track...I've just found out that Logan creeped around upstairs in the night...AND that he used Joshua's bathroom. So upstairs I go, armed with the bleach cleaner, and a bottle of Lysol.

But Sunday? Sunday was a great day.

Jim, Joshua and I went to our small group at church. We didn't stay for "big church," because Logan and Morgan were leaving to go spend the rest of the weekend with her family, and we wanted to say good-bye to them.

We came home and had re-runs (left-overs) for lunch...burgers, hot dogs, and pizza. And then all the kids played in the pool.

Late in the afternoon, Clark came inside and laid down on the floor. I asked him if he was okay, and he said, "Yes...I'm just so tired, and I don't know why." I told him it was probably because he was still getting adjusted to being back at school, and that he probably wasn't sleeping well.

WELL...

You know where this is headed, right?

"You are my strength; I wait for you to rescue me, for you, O God, are my fortress." Psalm 59:9

No comments:

Post a Comment