Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Rhodie's Great Adventure: OBU

I've been quiet on here the last few days, because I've really had nothing to say! We had a low-key weekend, and a quiet Monday...but today?


We left our house early...Joshua, Holly, Rhodie, and me. We dropped Joshua off at his Therapeutic Recreation...and then the rest of us headed down to visit Clark at his college!

Clark's classes are keeping him SO busy right now. Along with that, during Homecoming weekend, all of the "social clubs" (what his school calls sororities and fraternities) participate in a musical show called Tiger Tunes. All of the money raised from Tiger Tunes (and other events throughout the year) goes towards student scholarships.

So, each social club does it's own performance...choreography, costumes, themes, and music...and there are judges each night. It's a competition between the clubs, with the winner being announced on the last night. We try to go every year, if we can. This year, we are even more excited to attend, because Clark will be participating in it, with his social club!

This week, the rehearsals for TT started, and they are pretty much every night...for the next 3 weeks! While most kids might not give it a second thought, Clark has been concerned about keeping up with his work...and so he CLAIMS he's been putting in extra hours studying.


Anyway, we got to his school at 11 a.m. His school has a mandatory chapel service every Tuesday from 10-11 a.m. He met us at the bookstore. Holly was wanting to get some swag for Rhodes to wear for Homecoming weekend. She got a couple of cute things for him...and then we went upstairs and ate lunch with Clark.

Rhodie was BE.SIDE.HIM.SELF to see Clark...and the feeling was mutual.

Clark only had 1 1/2 hours between classes. I think we left him with 5 minutes to get to his next class! He said he made it. I don't know how!

Holly was going to feed Rhodie before we left campus. I found a parking spot under a tree, so that it would be cooler...even tho I was going to leave the a/c on...but Rhodie had gone to sleep, and there was no waking him. I told her that if he could wait 45 minutes or so, we could stop by this flea market-y place that was about at the half-way mark between Clark's school...and our home. Holly had never been there before, so she was excited to do that.

When we got there, she fed Rhodie in the car, and then we went inside to walk around. Holly asked me where to start, because it can be a little overwhelming People buy a "space" or a "booth," and they display their craft or antique items to sell. I said, AND I QUOTE, "let's take turns carrying Rhodie...and just walk around and LOOK at everything. You can kind-of get your bearings...and get a feel for what they have out here."

4 minutes later, I was heading to find her a shopping buggy for her stuff.

We had a great time there, and Holly got several items for her house.

After we checked out, we headed to pick up Joshua. Holly was brave, and took Rhodie in to see all of the FRIENDS. It's taken her 3 months to get up the courage to take him in there, because ALL THE GERMS.


The FRIENDS all went NUTS over Rhodes.

And then we came home, and all fell out on the couches and chairs...and took naps/rested.

We had such a great day! Rhodie was such a trooper! He was in and out of the car-seat, eating at different times and places, walking campus in the heat, and seeing strangers that he didn't know. He is exhausted tonight, but he did really well today!

"Surely Your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever." Psalm 23:6

No comments:

Post a Comment