Thursday, September 15, 2016

A Surprise Visit From Clark!

Soooo...back to Tuesday. It was a full day. Not only did I write about Joshua's day at Therapeutic Recreation...and how we were blessed by the kindness of a stranger...but something else happened as well.

Tuesday was a lonnnnng day. Jim was out-of-town on Monday night. I don't sleep well when he's gone, so I was really, really tired.

Add in a long day of TR...and a trip to the grocery before we got home...and this Momma was pooped. My Dad used to say he was "too pooped to pop." Guess I should be glad he didn't say it the other way around! EEEK!

I had in mind to cook this Cheezit Chicken Casserole dish my friend Amy posted. If you don't follow her on IG, you totally should (eunamaes). She has the most precious, little kitchen store in NWA (northwest Arkansas) (you can order things on-line, too!) called "Euna Mae's"...and she has a cooking show called, "Cooking Today." You can watch the episodes on-line.

I saw where she posted a recipe for this Cheez-it Chicken Casserole, and I thought to myself, "self? I have a box of reduced-fat Cheez-its in my pantry...and that sounds GOOD!"

So even tho there was just going to be Joshua and me here for dinner, I decided to make it. AND I'M SO GLAD I DID! Because at 4 o'clock, Holly texted me, and asked, "are y'all home?" I responded, "yes," and that was the end of that. I thought she was just checking to make sure we made it home safely. I do the same thing for her on the days she works.

Anyway, about 10 minutes later, I heard the door. I opened it to see Holly and Rhodie standing there...but behind Holly...THERE WAS CLARK!

He had come home to surprise me! Like Jim said, tho..."I know these boys like to surprise us by popping in without warning, but one of these days, we might not be home...and then everyone is going to be sad."

Which, he's right, of course...BUT NOT TUH-DAYYYYY!

Today, I grabbed him and hugged him for a lonnnng time. I was so happy to see him! I asked him how long he could stay, and he said he would head back to school after dinner. That's when I was SO THANKFUL I had decided to cook a bigger dinner, because he AND Holly ate with us. Thank you, God!

I had been feeling really a little sad. I know Clark is where he is supposed to be. I know he is busy...he has so much going on in school right now. I just miss him. It's easy for me to focus on things like, "WHY DOESN'T HE CALL ME?" And, "DOESN'T HE KNOW HOW MUCH I WORRY ABOUT HIM?" And, "IS IT TOO HARD TO TEXT YOUR MOTHER?" (sigh) It's a constant struggle for me to not go down that road.

CONSTANT.

Clark's 4 hour visit was like a breath of fresh air for this Momma. And then, just like that, he left. And, then, just like that, I cried like a baby. I'm really proud of him, but I miss him so much!

I have several blogs that I try to read every day. It doesn't always happen, but I try. This one hit me slap in the face. Maybe you need it, too?

"The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:3

No comments:

Post a Comment