Saturday, May 21, 2016

1000th Blog Post: Moving Day

Y'all. This is my 1000th post. Say that without lisping: one thousandth post. 

I had hoped to write some deep and profound words on this momentous occasion...but momma is tired.

I may or may not have mentioned that my son, my wittle, baby son, is overseas on a trip with his college. And that he will be gone for 3 weeks. And that there is a 13 hour time difference. And that he typically texts us at 1:45 IN THE MORNING. I'm not complaining at ALL, because I want to hear from him as much as possible!

But when you disrupt the sleep pattern of awomanofmyage...it's like having a newborn again. And there's a reason why awomanofmyage doesn't have a newborn.

Well, MANY reasons.

I guess it's just preparing me for what's to come, because I might have also mentioned that our daughter is having a baby VERY soon.

We spent yesterday getting some of the necessary last minute things she needs before the baby comes. It was really fun! And then we came home, and Jim and I took Joshua back down to Little Rock to a Therapeutic Recreation event. His group of FRIENDS was having a "canvas and cupcake" night. Kind of like the "painting with a twist" concept, where they all paint the same thing...step by step by step.

And then, as the twist, they ate cupcakes.

Which is the whole reason 99% of them showed up.

Jim and I went out on a date while Joshua was at his "thing." Holly asked if we had fun. Well, I wouldn't jump right straight to FUN. Jim had a root canal the other day, and his mouth is still very sore...so I don't think he had as much fun as usual. But he tried!

Then, we came home and got ready for bed. I started a load of the baby's clothes in my washing machine. I told Holly I would wash them for her at my house, since they are moving into their new house today. Remember that I talked about how I was wanting to strangle my son-in-law for putting their house up for sale and buying a new house while Holly was 7 1/2 months pregnant?

Well, she's nearly 9 months pregnant now, and still has not done her nursery or anything. And I know WE all know it's not that important...and the baby doesn't know if he has a nursery or not...but it is important to HER, and so we are trying to make it happen as quickly as possible. So that's why I offered to wash all the baby clothes for her.

I don't know why I felt the need to explain that.

But that is why I was at Kroger at 7 a.m., buying drinks and cookies and fruit, to have for snacks at Holly and Aaron's new house. And why I was at Chick-Fil-A at 7:30 a.m....getting breakfast for my crew. And why I was at Holly and Aaron's new house right after that, sequestered in the nursery, while everyone else was moving furniture. I was painting that bad boy as fast as I could!

We called in the troops. Our son, Logan and his wife, Morgan...were here to help. Jim and Joshua were there with me...and Aaron's parents also came.

It took me nearly all day to paint that stinkin' room, but I was so happy to do it. I also took breaks to help unload the UHAULIT.

And now...my throat hurts from being in a room with paint all day; I'm covered in bruises from...I don't even know why; Annnnd I just sat down in my chair, and could barely get up.

But we got them moved! We got the nursery painted, and the crib and dresser/changing table set up. We got the beds in the other rooms set up...and they are spending their first night in their new home!

And now? I sleep.

"It is good to give thanks to the LORD, to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; to declare Your steadfast love in the morning, and Your faithfulness by night." Psalm 92:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment