Thursday, May 12, 2016

Pray Without Ceasing

"Pray without ceasing." Do y'all do that? I don't...not always, anyway.

The Bible tells us that's how we should pray: about everything (Philippians 4:6)...and without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

There are a lot of things I can't do. I can't preach. I can't lead music. I can't sing a solo. I can't move to a foreign country (because JOSHUA). The list goes on and on.

But I can pray. And I DO pray.

Prayer is everything to me...it really is.

There are things on my prayer list that have been on there for over 20 years. I continue to pray for them...just not as diligently as I should.  But over the last 6-8 months, there have been situations and people that have weighed heavy on my heart...heavy on my heart...and filled up my prayer board: health and heartache and relationships and cancer and direction and change.

But one thing that has affected me deeply over the past 30 days, was the plight of a little 4 year old boy in foster care. He consumed my thoughts and prayers for a solid month. And it has been the longest month EVER.

But today?

Today, God answered that prayer.

Actually, He answered it a month ago, but for reasons we don't understand, He did not reveal it until today. But He has been working things out the whole time.

Pray without ceasing, y'all.

God sees. He hears. He answers.

We might not get the answer we want, or the answer might not come when we want it...but God loves us. He wants the best for us, and He is always good.

"...be unceasing and persistent in prayer." 1 Thessalonians 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment