Sunday, May 1, 2016

Sunday: Cake and SPANX

We've had a great Sunday...I hope you have, too!

We went to SS and church. We missed last week because we were out-of-town (see this post on the GALA we attended and how I ended up sleeping in my clothes!), so it was good to be back where we belong. :)

We came home after, and ate some of the re-runs (what Joshua calls left-overs) from the night before. Jim took Joshua to the gym, and I did laundry.

After Jim got home, he mowed our backyard, and then we went up to his office. He is moving to a different office, so we loaded up some of the stuff that he's taking with him. We ran by the grocery, and I ran in for a few things...and then we picked up dinner and brought it home to eat.

Amen and Amen.

Now I'm just waiting for bedtime...because, if you read my post from yesterday, our college boy was driving back to school from NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE. In the middle of the night.

In the literal middle-of-the-night.

I did not sleep well, and so every time I even kind of woke up...I checked my phone. He finally texted me that he had made it back to school...at 5:20 a.m. Twenty-four hours almost to the minute from the time he left the morning before.

I figured he would sleep all day, but he texted me several hours later, and said he was at church with his roommate.

Yes, it's been a good day, but I've kind of felt like a zombie. I don't need a lot of sleep, but I do better if I can get it in concentrated chunks of time. When I'm tired, I don't make the wisest choices of what I say or do, or what I eat. Kinda like when I take Benadryl.

ANYWAY, this might explain why, after my semi-nutritious breakfast this morning...I ate a piece of cake. And I'm using the word, "piece," verrrry loosely.

Holly's friends sent us home with the whole bottom layer of the cake from the shower. It's in the bottom of a big, deep box. I cut a big chunk, and gave it to Holly and Aaron-the-son-in-law. I cut a big chunk to send home with Logan and Morgan. And I cut a big chunk to mail to my college boy.

But that left a big chunk down in the bottom of the big, deep box...and this morning? After my breakfast...and before we left for church? I stuck a fork down in that big, deep box, pulled out big hunks of cake...and ate them like an animal.

Oh yes, I did.

Sorry not sorry.

But it might explain why, after I got to our small group class, I excused myself and went to the ladies' room and took off my SPANX. They just didn't feel right. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the cake. I stuffed those bad boys down in my purse...and went back to class like nothing had happened.

And no one was the wiser.

Let's just keep this between us.

And let's pray I get a good night's sleep tonight!

"You can go to bed without fear; you will lie down and sleep soundly." Proverbs 3:24

No comments:

Post a Comment