Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Gift of Prayer

We walked together to the parking lot after choir practice. I stopped at my car, and she did, too.

She said she had something for me, but she wasn't carrying anything.

But I was: a weight...a care...some concerns.

I hadn't shared it in choir, because, you know...some things seem really small and unimportant compared to the burdens many carry in this world. But she just...knew.

And right there in the parking lot, she gave me her gift: she prayed for me.

Friends? That's what it's all about.

Why don't we share our hearts with others?

Because I walked away...lighter. Oh, my concerns and cares...they are still there. But it's like I gave half of them away to my friend. And if I tell another friend, I can give half of THAT away. And, pretty soon...we will all be one...walking together...each carrying a piece of each other's hearts.

Because no one should ever have to bear the burdens of life alone.

"Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you." 1 Peter 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment