Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The Pack'n'Play Is A Tool of the Devil

First, I want to say thank everyone for the sweet anniversary wishes from yesterday. It was a great day!

Hey! You know how the nice people at The Hallmarks have chosen certain gifts to correspond to how many years you've been married? Well, I looked on-line to see what the gift should be for 36 years, and, low-and-behold, IT'S NOT EVEN LISTED.

But, looking over the list, it looks like I missed out on some coral, pearls, silver, crystal, candy, and...fruit? over the years! Ha!

We have several friends who also got married in 1980, so let me help y'all out. Turns out, the appropriate gift for 36 years of marriage is...a new crisper drawer for your frig!

And, listen...I could not be more excited about it! Ours has been broken for YEARS...and now it's all shiny and new! It doesn't fall out, or throw shards of plastic everywhere, when we open it! So, YAY for 36 years!

We are so happy to still be alive! :)

Today is Jim's birthday. He is fun-loving and hard-working. He is always on the GO (unless he's napping. The dude can nap anywhere, anytime). He loves to run, bike, swim, and work in the yard. He also enjoys "collecting stamps," which is really not about stamps at all. It's a "family joke," that I may or may not share on here at some point.

Which, I probably will...because just the other day, I told about my bathroom experience...so clearly, not much is off-limits.

Jim is a great husband, father, son, brother, and friend. He is looking forward to being a grandfather!

Joshua, Holly, and I worked in Holly's old (AND NEW) house all day today. I am so tired! But we made some good progress. We brought over a bunch of her "kitchen stuff" and got it all set up in her cabinets. We had planned on making another trip to the old house, and making another load...but Holly got started in her nursery, and so that's how we spent the rest of the day.

Before we left for choir practice, I vacuumed her house...and then we decided to put together the Pack'n'Play real quick. I mean, how hard could it be for two college educated women?

Well.

I broke out in a sweat...and I called upon the name of the Lord.

I told Holly that if they took that thing to the beach at the end of the summer...by the time they got it all set up, it would be raining.

Tomorrow? We are going to attempt the baby swing, and the digital video baby monitor.

Jesus, be near.

"Your statutes are the theme of my song during my earthly life." Psalm 119:54

No comments:

Post a Comment