Sunday, May 22, 2016

Motrin, Moving, Penicillin, & A Root Canal

Hey...boring post alert.

We woke up very early this morning, because, while Logan stayed here with us last night...Morgan stayed with her family. It's great that they do that, but we miss her when she's not here...and I know he misses her, too.

But it was all good. Logan was a HUGE help with moving day yesterday.

They didn't want to miss their small group and service at their church today...which, how sweet is that? So Morgan was here at our house a little after 6 a.m., and she and Logan loaded up and drove back to their home.

After they left, I took some Motrin and an allergy pill...and crawled back into bed. I really wanted to sleep for another hour, but that didn't really happen. I couldn't breathe, and my body was so sore. I know I'm out-of-shape, but yesterday wore.me.slap.out. If you think that you are in good shape...you should climb up on a ladder and paint for an entire day...and then just see how you feel.

And if you feel just fine, please don't tell me about it...because I seriously might cry.

I went to potty first thing this morning, and I could barely sit down...and then I could barely get up. I realize it's TMI, but I honestly thought I was going to have to have Jim bring me some food in there, and set up the tv. I didn't think I would ever be able to move again.

But, 20 minutes later, the Motrin kicked in...and I felt better.

And, for the record, I didn't sit on the potty for 20 minutes because GROSS. And, also? I'm not a MAN (tee hee). I hobbled back to my bed, and crawled back in there for 20 minutes. :)

Also, did I mention Jim had a root canal last week, and his tooth/mouth has been hurting really bad? I'm talking...up all night on Friday night, and then we had a full day of moving scheduled for Saturday. So I told him on Saturday morning, "you need to call the endodontist, because this is not right." And he said, "I'll call him on Monday." And I thought, "oooooooooookay."

But, glory be, he called on Saturday, and talked to him. And the guy said, 'THIS IS NOT RIGHT.' And Jim acted like it was a word from God, floating down from the sky.

I mean, HELLO? I HAD JUST SAID THAT SAME, EXACT THING.

I'm a mom...which means, I'm practically a doctor. Which makes me practically a dentist...and it's just a quick hop from dentist...to endodontist.

Right?

I've had a couple of root canals. One of our kids has had a root canal. I kind of know what is normal, and what is not.

All this to say that I took Motrin, and I felt better. Jim took Motrin, AND THE ANTIBIOTIC THE ENDODONTIST PRESCRIBED...and tonight, he is feeling significantly better, after just 4 doses.

About 7:30 this morning, Holly texted to say she was coming over...and then, POOF! She was there! I forgot that they stayed at their new house last night, and she can be at our house in about a minute!

We had a great morning at church. It was Holly's last time on Praise Team for a while. We came home and ate lunch...and then everyone crashed for a Sunday afternoon nap. Well, except Joshua. He doesn't nap. He and Jim go to the gym on Sundays at 3 p.m., and so, at 3:02...I heard him coming down the stairs. Jim was still sacked out on the couch, but the sound of Joshua on the stairs made him sit straight up. He mumbled, "I'm ready...let me get my shoes!"

They went to the gym, Holly and I went to her new house for a bit...and then we all went to dinner.

Tonight, we are winding down the day. It's been a good day. Got to spend most of the day with Holly. Got to see Logan and Morgan this morning...and Clark texted us from the other side of the world.

Thankful.

"In the beginning [before all time] was the Word (Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself." John 1:1

No comments:

Post a Comment