Thursday, April 28, 2016

On Making the Fake House

Hey...remind me that I want to strangle my son-in-law later, 'k?

We've had a good day! I took Joshua to Therapeutic Recreation this morning, and then ran a couple of errands for Holly. She was in class until noon, so I went and picked up the thank-you cards she had ordered...and then got some paint for her me to touch-up some places in her house.

Did I mention that her husband, my son-in-law, decided they needed more room before the baby comes...IN 7 WEEKS...so they listed their house, and are buying another house...and they are having to get their house ready to "show" to prospective buyers.

Which, if you've never done that part...making the "fake" house, and then trying to keep it neat and clean until it sells? That's it's own kind of hell on earth torture.

#whatwashethinking

I mean, thank goodness they don't have children yet...because when our kids were little, and we had to show our house...I may or may not have shoved things into any available receptacle: the dryer, the dishwasher, the oven, the microwave, etc...not to mention throwing 4 kids, 2 dogs, AND A GUINEA PIG into my Burb, and driving around the block until the showing was over.

Holly and Aaron-the-son-in-law have only moved a couple of times...so they aren't as experienced as we are. It's hard enough to get things ready for a move when you have plenty of notice. It's REALLY hard when you have 2 weeks.

Holly picked up Joshua after her class, and headed home with him. I met them at her house, and then helped her dust, vacuum, clean, pack boxes...and basically just got things ready.

You know...made the "fake" house.

I really do love my son-in-law, and I am thankful for the way he cares and provides for Holly. I love that he is thinking ahead for what will be best for their growing family. I am hoping and praying that the people who saw it tonight...or the people who are looking at it in the morning...will make a good, solid offer...and we can be done with this craziness!

"He is your constant source of stability..." Isaiah 33:6

No comments:

Post a Comment