Sunday, April 17, 2016

Holly's Very First Baby Shower!

Today was another great Sunday in our church. God continues to speak to me through our new pastor. Today, our sermon was all about faith. As much faith as I think I have, when push comes to shove...I actually have very little.

Because of some of the trials and circumstances God has allowed in our lives, people have said of us, "you guys have some great faith."

Nothing could be further from the truth. It's called time...and learning from our mistakes...and any good they see is ALL of God, and none of us. I would be living a lot differently if I truly had great faith: no worrying, no doubt, no fear.

It's a struggle with all of us, am I right?

This afternoon, Holly had her very first baby shower. Her Sunday School class friends were the hostesses. As soon as we walked in the door, they all started cheering and clapping. I mean, really! Isn't that the way to greet someone at church? YES! I was thinking they must've read my blog post about how I think we should have more enthusiasm at church...but none of them do.

She had a great baby shower. Several members of our SS class (the ones who are our age) came, and I was shocked. Because none of them really know Holly.

And then the class that Jim and I teach now...the mid-30's class...they had all "pitched in" and gotten a really nice gift.

I was surprised, and seriously overwhelmed at the kindness everyone showed our family today.

"...judge fairly, and show mercy and kindness to one another." Zechariah 7:9

No comments:

Post a Comment