Saturday, April 2, 2016

Spring Break 2016: Beach Time

We were so glad to spend a few days at the beach. I had been watching the weather, and it looked like it was going to be on the cool side. But a cool day at the beach or a rainy day at the beach? YOU'RE STILL AT THE BEACH.

Right?

So even tho our kids are all young adults now, and completely able and responsible for their own wardrobe choices, I said, "it looks like the weather will be chilly, so bring a hoodie to wear in the mornings and evenings." We like to walk on the beach, and it can be nippy at certain times of the day. Plus, some of the restaurants we go to are "open air..." and you have to wait outside until you are seated.

BRING A HOODIE, KIDS.

WELL.

The first morning, I was sitting out on our balcony watching the sunrise. I think it goes without saying that I was wearing my flannel pajammies, but if you're new here...you might not know that I wear them approximately 8 months out of the year. THEY ARE SO COZY!

ANYWAY, Holly walked out to the balcony, wearing her robe, "Laurie."

I bought her this robe for her birthday in December. It's LONG...it goes all the way to the floor. It's soft and white, and it's trimmed in brown fur. It has a hood. It's a cross between something Queen Amidala (from Star Wars) would wear...and the way Ursula (from Little Mermaid) looks when she unfolds all of her legs or tentacles or whatever those appendages are. This robe has a life of it's own. It's HUGE! And it's everywhere.

She looked at me and said, "I didn't bring a hoodie...I brought THIS instead."

And I may or may not have slow-blinked her.

Because...was she going to wear that thing down to the beach? Or to dinner? Or when we go shopping at the outlet mall? I mean, the rest of us were going to wear hoodies or jackets...because, this ain't our first rodeo. Is she seriously going to wear a robe?

No. No, she is not.

And, side note: she spent our first shopping night...looking for a "cute hoodie" to buy.

Hmmmmm...

Two of our days were PERFECT weather days. Cool-ish, yes. But warm, sunny, beautiful. The ocean was cold...but so calm. We saw a school of sharks. EEEK! Purple flags on the very first day! We also saw porpoises every day.

It was a very relaxing trip!

"O LORD, what a variety of things You have made! In wisdom You have made them all. The earth is full of Your creatures. Here is the ocean, vast and wide, teeming with life of every kind, both large and small." Psalm 104:24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment