Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The Zoo, A Lunch Date, Cookies...and Bad Weather

Today has been a good day.

I took Joshua down to Little Rock, because his Therapeutic Recreation group was going to be spending the day at the ZOO! They were all SO excited. Mainly, they were excited to eat lunch at the Cafe Africa restaurant at the Zoo.

It's a well-known fact that the FRIENDS love to eat out. 

Joshua told me he ordered a "tuhkey buhguh" and that it was "pretty good."

Jim had a meeting in LR this afternoon, and said that he could pick up Joshua after he was done...so I got to do something I rarely get to do when Joshua is at TR, and that is...COME HOME. I was so excited!

I love to be at home. I love puttering around in my house...having some concentrated time to read and pray and write. It's a rare treat when I get time at home by myself during the day. I'm not complaining at all...my life is so sweet, and I love that I get to spend each day with Joshua.

But I'm always "on the ready." You know: listening, waiting, planning, thinking. Knowing that Jim was going to be able to pick up Joshua, kind of gave me a little time to relax my mind.

I drove back here, and was able to meet Jim for a lunch-date...which is another rare thing for us to get to do. And then I came home and spent the afternoon making cookies to send to Clark. He's had an awfully hard 3 weeks at college, and I thought he might like a little treat. I love that boy.

Then, I went to the post office to mail them...so he could be sure and have them in 2 days.

I came back home, and started getting things ready for dinner.

My two sisters, and my brother, all live in Texas. Tonight, they are getting slammed with bad weather. One of my sisters texted me and said, "I love y'all...just in case." She was halfway teasing...but STILL.

File that under "I'll take 'things you never want to hear a family member say to you' for $200, Alex."

Prayers would not be wasted on Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas...and points north and east...tonight and tomorrow.

"Mightier than the thunders of many waters, mightier than the waves of the sea, the Lord on high is mighty!" Psalm 93:4

No comments:

Post a Comment