Monday, April 25, 2016

Monday: Chicken, Boxes & Salad

We've had a great Monday.

If you've followed me here for very long, you know that Joshua loves him a Monday. He "sleeps in" (altho I heard him upstairs at 6:30), and I make blueberry muffins for his breakfast. We typically stay home all morning...we MIGHT go to the grocery in the afternoon, but I try not to. Not on a Monday. I use the day to regroup from the weekend, and prepare for the week ahead.

Not tuh-DAYYYYYYYY!

I did fix his muffins, and I DID do some laundry...but, a little after 11, we went to pick up Holly...and met Jim at Chick for lunch. We went to Kroger, and then back to our house to put up our groceries...and then we went over to Holly's house for the afternoon.

About 3 weeks ago, Aaron-the-son-in-law decided that they needed more room, now that they were having a baby. So, they looked at a house they liked, made an offer, and put their own house up for sale. Did I mention that Holly is 7 1/2 months pregnant?

So, they have been cleaning out and trying to get things organized to show their house. I went over this afternoon, and helped Holly box up some things. Holly told Aaron that part of this whole pregnancy thing is being able to "nest," and she didn't have a nest to fix up. I hope that they can get into the new house before the baby comes, so that she will have some time to get it all together.

Tonight, I went to a "Ladies Night" for our Sunday School (small group) class. The one we used to be in, before Jim and I started teaching. I wasn't sure about going. We've been out of that class for months.

Everyone was supposed to bring a salad...or a dessert. I was excited to still be included! Not gonna lie...there was about a third of the women there I didn't know.

I've written on here about how hard it is to be the "new" person in church. SO hard. I feel like our church, like many churches, is great at making people feel welcome...on Sundays. Not so much during the rest of the week.

And I realize that the new person has to put forth some effort...they have to do some of the work, but they shouldn't have to do ALL the work.

I'm so glad I went!

"Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it." Hebrews 13:2

No comments:

Post a Comment