Sunday, April 3, 2016

Spring Break 2016: WDSD

Every year, World Down Syndrome Day is celebrated on March 21...because THIRD month=3rd copy of the #21 chromosome.

This year, we were at the beach on March 21. We didn't really "celebrate-celebrate" it...unless you count that we were AT THE BEACH. And we went to one of our favorite places for dinner. And I bought Joshua one of those "floppy" Columbia hats like his Dad and brothers have (picture on my IG: martythemoose). Annnnd I made chocolate chip cookies in our condo. AT THE BEACH.

Plus, I figure any day we don't lose him on "The Holiday of His People" is a good day. Read this post from a few years ago about when THAT happened.

Every day is Down Syndrome day...FOR US. Right?

There's so much I can say about Joshua...about our lives with him...how thankful we are for him...how much God has taught us through Joshua's life. But if you follow me on here...I think I've pretty much said it all already.

God has done above and beyond what we could've asked or thought in all of our lives over the past 30 years. And, let me be clear: it's been ALL Him...none of us.

I wish I would've known, way back then, the blessings of this path...and the joy that would come from this life. But I probably wouldn't have believed it. Similar to what God told Habakkuk: "I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told." (Habakkuk 1:5b).

I watched Joshua and Holly sitting out on our balcony this morning...sharing coffee, and talking.

Nope. Never would have imagined this life.

"But the Lord said to Samuel, "...God does not view things the way men do. People look on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7

No comments:

Post a Comment