Wednesday, March 2, 2016

While Jim is Gone: Day 1 Continued

How did my first day go, you ask?

Wow...that's so kind of you!

Let's see...I was up for 20 hours. NBD.

My day consisted of laundry...and cleaning out my frig and pantry. DON'T TELL JIM, but I threw out all of the expired stuff he keeps bringing home from his parent's house. I'm sorry. It's 2016, and I'm not wanting to relive 2014.

My microwave is squeaky clean. I love it. My pantry is not completely done, but it's looking WAY better. And my frig isn't all the way done, either...but it's way better than it was.

Whenever Jim is gone, Joshua thinks that he is the man of the house. Mainly because my mother-in-law tells him that he is: "With Daddy gone, you can be the man of the house, Joshua. You can be in charge."

All I want to say to her is, "that's so sweet...but you're killin' me, Smalls."

Here is just a small portion of my day:

3 p.m. Joshua: "I'll put Maggie in the garage for the night."
Me: "No, Joshua...it's too early."
Joshua: "OH."

5 p.m. Joshua: "I'll put Maggie in the garage for the night."
Me: "No, Joshua...it's too early."
Joshua: "OH."

DINNER.

I fixed a couple of small steaks, mashed potatoes, broccoli and salad for Joshua and I to have for dinner. He said, "this is a good date-night meal. I'm going to post on Facebook that I had a good date-night meal with my mom." I said, "Joshua, remember that I told you NOT to post anything on Facebook about Dad being gone." Joshua: "I know, I know."

Then he looked at me real closely, and said: "WOW...you look tired."

[PUNCH]

7 p.m. Joshua: "I'll put Maggie in the garage for the night."
Me: "No, Joshua...it's too early."
Joshua: "OH."

8:30 p.m. Joshua: "I'll put Maggie in the garage for the night."
Me: "No, Joshua...wait until she starts scratching on the door."
Joshua: "OH."

Bless his heart. He just wants to help. That's one of the things Jim does at night...he puts our geriatric, Black Lab in the garage...because she's gotten old and contrary, and she doesn't want to sleep outside anymore.

Jim got to his destination safely. They ate lunch, and immediately started to work. Their group is finishing out the inside of a missionary house. They worked until dark, and had lunch...and then everyone had an early bedtime. It should be interesting. A room full of snoring men.

"In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe." Psalm 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment