Sunday, March 6, 2016

Jim Is HOME!

Today was the day we were going to pick up Jim from the airport! We spent our whole day in preparation for his homecoming.

Clark had come home from college for the weekend, so he could come with us to the airport. We walked into the airport, and joined a small group from our church, who were waiting on their loved ones.

Holly and Aaron-the-son-in-law met us there. They had spent the day shopping for baby furniture and baby clothes, so they were already in town.

Jim was so happy to see all of us, but re-entry did a number on him. It was like he was over-stimulated or wired on caffeine. His eyes were darting around, like he was seeing everything for the very first time. And the talking...OH MY AT THE TALKING.

We decided to go eat at Chuy's FOR THE BABY (Holly's baby). We were in two cars. Jim literally did not stop talking the entire drive. At one point, I just put my phone on "record," and then sent the clip to Holly. It was non-stop.

He talked through dinner, and talked all the way home.

The next morning, I told our Small Group class that the only time he stopped talking was when he was asleep...and I'm pretty sure I heard him mumbling in the night. STILL TALKING.

After church, we had lunch and then enjoyed our Sunday afternoon. Jim took Joshua to the gym, and when he got home, he called his parents to tell them about his trip. He talked to his Dad...and then he talked to his Mom. And then he called his youngest brother. Talk...talk...talk...

And then he came back into our family room and said something I've never, EVER heard him say: "I know I need to call my other brother, BUT I AM ALL TALKED OUT."

ALL TALKED OUT.

Praise Jesus.

"But let all who take refuge in You rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread Your protection over them, that all who love Your name may be filled with joy." Psalm 5:11

No comments:

Post a Comment