Thursday, February 4, 2016

For The Baby

Well this week has flown by!

Yesterday, I took Joshua to Therapeutic Recreation. His group of FRIENDS was hosting some of the Parks and Rec Staff for a chili lunch, so they hit the ground running this morning. They always divide up into small groups, and everyone gets a job according to their abilities. Some cook, some chop, some set up tables, some decorate. Everyone works together.

As much as the FRIENDS love going out for lunch, or going on really fun outings...nothing brings them more joy than when they feel like they are serving others. They made chili with all the fixin's, and they had a great time!

When we got back to town, we met Jim at the church for Wednesday night dinner, and then I went to choir...and Jim and Joshua went to a class.

The best news was that someone found Jim's Bible! On Sunday, Jim went to the bathroom right before church started. When he came out, he had a look of disbelief on his face. He said, "I set my Bible and my SS book on the big shelf in the bathroom, and when I came out...everything was gone!"

IN CHURCH!

We had a good laugh about it. We figured someone picked it up by accident, and would return it at some point. I mean, Jim's Bible has his name on it!

Turns out, some guy picked it up on accident...and called our associate minister to let him know. He was worried, because Jim had the "teacher's edition" of the Sunday School book, and he thought Jim probably needed that to study his lesson this week.

This morning, Joshua and I headed to Therapeutic Recreation...but we picked up Holly before we left town. Holly had a doctor's appointment, and Aaron-the-son-in-law was just going to meet her there. After we dropped off Joshua, Holly and I ran to Target...and then I took her to her appointment. Aaron was in a meeting, and didn't know if he could make it. I told Holly that I would go with her, but if Aaron showed up...I would step out.

I was really happy to see Aaron walk in. He really wanted to be there to hear the baby's heartbeat! Everything is looking good. Baby has a good, strong heartbeat, and he is measuring right on track. We are so thankful.

Aaron went back to work, and Holly and I decided to get some lunch. And even tho I would've been FINE with eating lunch at Chick-Fil-A...Holly said the baby really wanted Mexican food from Chuy's...so that's where we went.

FOR THE BABY.

After we got home, Holly stayed at our house because Aaron was going to be late. I had signed up to bring a meal to a family in our SS class. The list said they are a gluten-free family. I don't know a lot about how to cook gluten-free, even tho Jim tries to eat gluten-free just to annoy me.

I'm not unsympathetic to people who actually ARE gluten-intolerant...it's just that Jim is NOT. He just READ A BOOK, and decided that he might try to eat like that...with a little chocolate pie, pecan pie, lemon ice-box pie, cookies...and handfuls of peanut M&Ms...thrown in.

So I made a pork tenderloin, beans, and a salad...and then we went by the gluten-free bakery, and picked up buns and cookies. Holly helped me find gluten-free salad dressing and BBQ sauce at Kroger. We were pretty proud of ourselves for pulling this meal together. I hope it tasted okay.

Since Aaron was working late, Holly said she would eat with us...and even tho I had planned on eating a baked potato for dinner...or maybe a sandwich...Holly said the baby wanted Chinese food.

So I ordered Chinese food.

FOR THE BABY.

I love that baby. :)

"Children are a gift from the LORD..." Psalm 127: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment