Thursday, February 11, 2016

Roses Are Red

Well, today is Thursday. Or, as I like to call it: FRIDAY-EVE.

For some reason, it seems like it's been a long week for my family. Just lots going on with several of us. But tomorrow is Holly's last day of work for the week. Today was Jim's last day of work for the week...and it was Logan's last day of school for the week.

So, basically...things are looking up for the weekend!

I really try not to look forward too much. I've always been pretty good to enjoy the moments. It's not always the easiest thing to do, and it's something I've gotten better at over time. You learn...right? Not to chase the next thing. The next move, the next job, the next promotion, the next degree, the next house, the next baby, the next car...it's exhausting.

I think when you have a baby, there's a tendency to do this...because you love when they're little, but you can't wait until they are a little more "fun" and interactive with you...until they can sit up, until they can crawl, until they can walk, talk, and hold their own cup. But then you see that time flies so fast...and you can't go back and soak up what you tried to rush through.

WHEN DID I GET ALL SAPPY?

Yesterday, when we got back to town, Joshua and I decided to get some Valentine flowers to take to the staff at his Therapeutic Recreation. We went to Kroger first, because I thought it might be a little cheaper, but ours didn't have a very good selection. We ended up at the florist, and it was wayyy cheaper. Who knew?

Also, can I just say how thankful I am when people talk TO Joshua...and not to ME about him?

Like, "does he want a cookie?"

I don't know...why don't YOU ASK HIM?

Anyway, this lady was super sweet. She asked him what he wanted, and he said he wanted 4 roses, for 4 different people. She said, "do you want red roses, or another color?" Joshua said, "red." She said, "it will be a minute, but I'm going to go do them RIGHT NOW."

When we came back to pick them up, she had fixed them so pretty! She said, "you must have a lot of women in your life, to be giving all of these roses!" Joshua just grinned!

We put them in our refrigerator overnight, and took them in with us this morning. Joshua was tickled to pass them out to the 4 women who are on staff at his Therapeutic Recreation.

Joshua's group was going to eat an early lunch at a local restaurant today, and then go straight to fitness at the gym. Holly was picking him up today, so I had come on home. Joshua texted me and said, "hey, we aren't having fitness today, because we took too long at lunch."

THE STRUGGLE IS REAL...and I get it.

Winding up the week on a good note.

"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty." Psalm 91:1

No comments:

Post a Comment