Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Clark Turns 20!

I guess the time come in every mom's life, when she can't make birthday pancakes for her kid on his birthday.

For this mom? It was this day. Clark was turning 20, and he was away at college.

I guess I've served him something with a candle in it for breakfast...pretty much every birthday morning for 19 years. Give or take a year.

Change? Not really a fan.

So thankful for this young man who has changed all of our lives for the better. His premature birth, and his subsequent cancer diagnosis, scared us half-to-death...but he's also brought us much joy.

When I remember where we were when he was born...and see now where God has brought him...I am amazed. God's hand is all over Clark's life.

Our role as his parents is changing, as it has with his older siblings. I know that we messed up many times along the way. I know that we didn't do enough. I pray that God will take our meager efforts, and multiply them by His grace.

I'm so very proud of Clark...of his faithfulness, conviction and persistence; of his confidence in the LORD. His "never give up" philosophy, and his ability to see the best in people, encourages me daily.

He's the strongest guy I know, and I'm so thankful for him.

Happy 20th Birthday, Clark! Love you so much!

"We will not hide these truths from our children; we will tell the next generation about the glorious deeds of the Lord, about His power and His mighty wonders." Psalm 78:4

No comments:

Post a Comment