Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Tuesday: TR, Jambalaya & The Baby's Name

Today, I took Joshua into Little Rock for his Therapeutic Recreation. The FRIENDS were invited to hang out with the "senior" group at their Mardi Gras lunch. He said it was fun...and the "eh-dah-lee people" were really nice. And that the FRIENDS went around and gave strands of beads to the "seniors."

They came back to the Center for lunch, and then they did Valentine crafts.

I bought some books for our grand-boy today. It was so fun to look through all the books, and see the familiar ones that my kids liked when they were little. Those were the ones I bought for the new baby. I still have ours, but I'm starting a collection for Holly and Aaron, so they'll have books at their house, too!

About mid-afternoon, I started feeling kinda weak. I try to keep peanut-butter crackers or "granoli" bars with me, just in case. I was running my hand down in the bottom of my purse, when I pulled up a baggie that had two Peanut-Butter Chewies in it. Y'all know what those are, right?

1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup of granulated sugar, 1 cup of light Karo syrup...melt all of that together over low-heat until the sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from heat. Fold in 5-6 cups of Corn Flakes cereal. Drop by tablespoon-sized amounts onto wax paper. Let them cool. 

Side note: Jim calls them "grunt balls," which totally makes me want to gag. But they are so good.

The "grunt balls" I pulled out of my purse? They are 11 days old. Tasted just fine!

I picked up Joshua a little early today. When I walked in to the art room, the FRIENDS were all seated around tables. They were supposed to be cutting out Valentine-shaped foam items and gluing them onto picture frames.

But since most of the FRIENDS have fine-motor issues, or sensory issues...and others, like my Joshua, who can.not.stand.to.get.any.thing.on.his.hands (like glue)...was not really "in" to the art project. Basically, if some over-achiever girl had done it for him...and maybe just let him write his name on the back? Well, he'd be FINE with that!

And even tho I told him I would WAIT while he finished his craft, he was only too happy to tell the staff that he'd "get to it tomorrow."

We got back to town, and went to the grocery before we even came home. While I was eating my Chick-Fil-A sandwich for lunch, I saw a Southern Living recipe for Jambalaya on Twitter, and so I decided to try and make it for dinner.

It was good! MUCH better than the Swiss-Spinach meatballs we all had to hack down last night. :)

And, GOOD NEWS...our baby has a name! I mean, HOLLY AND AARON-the-son-in-law's baby has a name.

(potato-pah-tahhh-do)

(sheesh).

BAD NEWS: Joshua can't pronounce it. Like, he told me he "fiscally" can't say it.

(DYING!)

Once Holly announces it, I'll let ya know!

"A good name is more desirable than great riches..." Proverbs 22:1

No comments:

Post a Comment