Friday, February 5, 2016

Grilled Cheese, Popcorn & Euna Mae's!

Holly and I had the BEST DAY!

Jim and Joshua were down at the Lakehouse, where my in-laws live. Aaron-the-son-in-law was working all day, and Holly was NOT. We have been wanting to go up to NWA (northwest Arkansas) since before Christmas, but just haven't been able to make it work. Holly was sick during her first trimester of pregnancy, so we stayed pretty close to home...but she's over that now, and feeling great!

We left this morning, and headed straight to Fayetteville for lunch. We both like Hammontree's, which is like a gourmet grilled cheese restaurant, so that's where we ate. It was seriously SO GOOD. I mean, I could've gone home right after that, and been so, so happy.

I don't want to act like food, or a restaurant, has magical powers, but I believe my exact words to Holly were, "I don't need anything or anyone else in the world...just this sandwich."

I know.

In fact, just sitting here tonight and thinking about that sandwich...I wish I had another one.

After we left there, we headed to this gourmet popcorn place in Fayetteville called, Hill City Popcorn. The owners are related to some of our best friends, and we've been wanting to go there for a while. Support your local businesses, right? We came home with some YUMMY treats!

And then we headed to Euna Mae's.

Do you have a bucket list? It's okay if you do. Personally, I do not. I mean, I have a great family. I have a grand-boy on the way. I traveled a TON growing up, because my Dad was in the military. If I never travel anywhere else, or do anything "big," I will consider myself blessed, and so thankful, that I got to raise this bunch of rat-finks.

Jim, on the other hand, DOES have a bucket list. Most of his goals involve a lot of panting, sweating, and extreme physical exertion.

Hey, hey, hey...get your minds out of the gutter.

I'm talkin' things like running marathons and stuff like that. The latest thing he wants to do is to RIDE HIS BIKE from our house...to his parent's Lakehouse...about an hour and 45 minutes away. BY CAR.

Me? Not so much.

If I had a bucket list, going to Euna Mae's and meeting the owner, Amy Hannon, would be on it.

Euna Mae's is a kitchen store that just opened last year (I think) in Springdale, Arkansas. Y'all...it is so cute! I've been "friends" with the owner on Instagram for a while. I call her my "pretend internet friend."

 Well, today, Holly and I were in Euna Mae's shopping, and the door opened. It's a small store, so anytime the door opened, people looked to see who it was. Well, in walked Amy, and we both pointed at each other and said, "IT'S YOU!" Yep. I got to meet her in real-live person. She is every bit as precious as she is "on-line." I already wish we lived down the street from each other, so that we could visit and laugh every day. When Holly said, "my Mom calls you her pretend internet friend, she said, "well, people who love the Lord are friends...one big body of Christ."

I died.

And then Holly took our picture, and I pretty-much died again. I posted the picture on IG (martythemoose).

We came home with some FUN things for our homes.

We had some more places we wanted to go, but we were kind of in a time-crunch since Clark was coming home for the weekend. We sure wanted to be there to greet him, and hey...Rome wasn't built in a day, right?

And, of course, we had to stop for ice-cream on the way home...and that's how we ate our way through NWA in a day. :)

So thankful for days like this with my girl!

And, BONUS: didn't have to ride a bike, didn't have to sweat...annnnd didn't have to potty in the woods!

"But let all who take refuge in You rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread Your protection over them, that all who love Your name may be filled with joy. For You bless the godly, O LORD; You cover them with favor as with a shield." Psalm 5:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment