Monday, February 8, 2016

A Quiet Monday

This has been a good day...a quiet day.

I got up and made blueberry muffins for breakfast because DUH..."Muffin Monday."

Joshua was so happy!

I actually got up really early, and couldn't go back to sleep...so I went ahead and had my quiet time and all of that. My heart is heavy for 3 friends of mine who have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. I wish I could do something to help them...but at this point, all I can do is pray. And I am happy to do it.

Last night, Holly and Aaron-the-son-in-law came over to watch the Super Bowl with us. Clark left right after dinner, and headed back to school. I am always so sad to see him go, but I am so happy that he loves school. Since he's our youngest, we've seen how things have worked for our older kids...and it's neat to sit back and watch Clark create his own "family" of friends in college. He's making some great choices.

Honestly, until recently, when I've looked at him...I've seen a little boy. Our baby boy. But over the past couple of months, I've seen a maturity that I haven't seen before. He is strong and faithful. I can barely remember back to when I was a college freshman.

I think Pa took me to school in the wagon, and I walked home with Laura and Mary. 

Clark seems to have it way more together than I...and his older siblings...did. I guess that's a perk of being the youngest. You can watch and learn. Can't believe he will turn 20 years old this week!

Anyway, Holly and Aaron left after the game...and Joshua IMMEDIATELY started gathering up all of the blankets. Because we are now "blanket people," and spread out blankets on all the furniture when Marley-the-half-a-dog-grand-dog comes to visit. The blankets have been on the couch and love-seat for a week. This morning, I stopped dead in my tracks as I walked through our family room, and everything was uncovered. I think I had forgotten the color of our couch!

Ha!

So that right there....washing 4 "throw blankets" this morning...it took a while, because they can't all be washed together. Don't ask. Long story. Lots of fuzz.

For dinner, I made these swiss-spinach meatballs that I served over quinoa. I've never made the meatballs before...and...MEH. Not that great. Even my healthy-food eatin' husband said, "needs gravy."

Yeah. And maybe some mashed potatoes...and a Red Lobster cheese biscuit. Can I get an amen?

Oh well...at least we were trying to be healthy!

"He gives food to every living thing. His faithful love endures forever." Psalm 136:25

No comments:

Post a Comment