Saturday, February 20, 2016

20 plus 1 Day...The Weekend of Clark

Since we had a busy day on Clark's actual birthday, he deemed it "The Weekend of Clark..." and said we could just celebrate all weekend. Which totally took a ton of [self-imposed] pressure off of me.

I don't know why I made it into a bigger deal than it was. Our family has always been really flexible, and we don't always celebrate special days or holidays on the actual day.

I got up on Saturday morning, and made a big breakfast. And even tho Clark didn't get up early...when he finally DID drag himself to the kitchen, you better believe I stuck a candle in his biscuit, and sang "Happy Birthday" to him like it was yesterday.

And then we spent the whole day acting like it was his actual birthday-day. :)

He had requested that I make chicken enchiladas for his birthday dinner, so I worked on that in the afternoon. I also made him a coffee cheesecake. Everyone came over in the afternoon, and hung out all day. It was great!

We went to SS and church on Sunday...another great day at our church. After lunch, Clark started getting all of his stuff together. I always hate this part. Holly and Aaron came over after lunch, and stayed until Clark left at 2:30.

And then I balled up in the corner and cried my eyes out.

NOT REALLY.

But really.

NOT REALLY. But I could have.

I'm just so stinkin' proud of him. He's a good student, a good son, a good friend. But, more than that, he is fleshing through some things right now, and it's humbling to see how he is seeking the Lord, and relying on Him in every circumstance. This has been a great encouragement to me.

Until recently, when I looked at Clark, I saw a little boy. But, now I see him as a man...a strong, patient, young man. He is right where he needs to be, and I can see God working in his life. I pray he always has an open heart to what God is saying to him...and that he always seeks Him first.

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Matthew 6:33

No comments:

Post a Comment