Friday, March 4, 2016

While Jim is Gone: Day 4

We had a better night! Thank goodness! I don't think I could take many more like the one we had the other night. I mean, of course I COULD...but I sure don't want to!

We had been watching the weather for several days. Joshua is all over it...even keeps up with it on the apps on his phone. We had planned on going into LR for his Therapeutic Recreation on Tuesday...but he came in my room early in the morning, and he was holding his phone.

He said, "the wind is really bad...and we might get storms." He showed me the weather updates on his phone. He continued, "I don't think it's safe for us to go today."

I said, "are you sure?"

He said, "yes, ma'am...we can have another 'stay-home day,' and try to go tomorrow."

He said, "I'm worried about Holly driving in this." I told him that I had already heard from her, and that she'd made it safely to work. I said, "They are saying the weather will be worse tonight, and plus, it will be dark...so we need to pray for her when she's on her way home."

He said, "We should pray now. Want to?"

I said, "yes," and he dropped to his knee.

I don't post everything on social media. Some things are private. Some, like this moment, are sacred. But, I just felt impressed that I should try and capture it...that maybe it would offer hope or encouragement to someone who was just starting on this path we walk. So I quickly grabbed my phone from my nightstand, and took a picture before he started praying. It's posted on my IG (martythemoose). 

You know, when Joshua was born...there were a lot of questions about what he might be able to do or understand. Some fear of the unknown. Honestly, if this is you: DON'T BE AFRAID.

There's a lot he doesn't "get" for sure, but then there are times like this...and it's the sweetest thing.

And the best thing.

Love, concern, compassion, complete dependence on God? Yes, please.

Down Syndrome has changed our lives...for the better.

So thankful for this man-child of mine.

"Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment