Sunday, March 15, 2015

A Sunny Sunday

I love Sundays.

Especially Sunday mornings.

Back when I was in college, Sundays seemed to be the loneliest days. Mainly Sunday afternoons. It's like everyone goes to church and then to lunch, and then there's a lonnnnng afternoon and evening of quiet and rest. Which, I totally appreciate now...but back then, and even before we had children...so quiet and lonely.

Maybe it's because we lived so far from my family. I don't know.

I love Sundays now.

I love getting ready for church. I love going to church. I love being at church. Even tho we still feel "new," and we don't know many people there, I enjoy the community that I feel at our church.

Today, we had an awesome service. The Lord is really blessing our church. We moved to our new location last year at Easter. Our senior pastor resigned at the end of the summer, to take a position with LifeWay in Nashville. We have been having different pastors, and some of our other staff ministers, fill the pulpit.  By all accounts, our attendance should be taking a hit, but we are packed both services.

God is good.

The Arkansas Razorbacks were playing Kentucky at noon today in the SEC basketball tournament, and Joshua was getting antsy during the service. He was still on a high from our big win over Georgia last night. He kept looking at the clock at the back of the sanctuary...turning alllll the way around in his seat to see it, and then SIGHING real loud...which wasn't distracting at ALL.

When the service was over, Joshua couldn't get out of there fast enough. I stopped ask a lady how her Mom was doing (she'd been in the hospital), and I thought Joshua was going to die a thousand deaths right there.

Because he loves Jesus, but tip-off was 14 minutes ago.

The weather was beautiful today, so after our excruciating loss to our arch-nemesis Kentucky, I went and sat outside and soaked up some Vitamin D. I think my pasty-white skin went into shock, because I actually felt like I was getting sunburned after only 5 minutes!

Tonight, we went to the Mexican restaurant for dinner. Holly and Aaron joined us, and it was a lot of fun.

Joshua headed upstairs to his bathroom immediately after we got home. Our upstairs has a landing area, that looks out over our entry-way. Joshua has to walk across the landing to get to his bathroom. We could hear him in his bathroom, because he typically leaves the door open.

He said, "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..." real loud, and then he said, "there you go."

And, on that note, Happy Sunday! :)

"...Your love has given me much joy and comfort, my brother, for your kindness has often refreshed the hearts of God's people..." Philemon 1: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment