Thursday, March 19, 2015

Mrs. Alanna's Last Day

I neglected to mention that I had a hair appointment yesterday (riveting news, I know), and Kayla-the-hair-girl did a GREAT job making my hair look like it did when I was in my early 30's.

Which, MIRACLE WORKER.

And why is it that your hair can look like the bomb for, like, TWO DAYS...and then the gray hairs start coming out like none other?

Oh...that doesn't happen to you? That's just me?

Anyway, I sat in her chair for 2 hours and listened to Kayla-the-hair-girl talk about how hungry she was because she had made sausage balls for breakfast, but had only eaten two. And the longer she talked, the more she convinced herself that maybe she only ate one sausage ball. Regardless...or, as people around here say: IRREGARDLESS...she was hungry, and she was making ME hungry.

As soon as I left the salon, I went to the Chick-Fil-A drive-thru as fast as humanly possible. And then I ate in my car on the way to Target. After I went to Target, I went to the Lifeway store, to see if Melanie Shankle's new book was out yet.

It's not.

It's not supposed to be out until the first week of April, but my Lifeway store put Sophie Hudson's new book out 2 weeks early last time...and when I told them how excited I was that they put it out early, they just shrugged their shoulders and said, "I had no idea."

ANYway...after that, I headed to pick up Joshua at the Therapeutic Recreation center, and he told me all about his day. Read that here.

The point of this whole thing so far is that...after my lunch...after Target...after Lifeway...after picking up Joshua...I came home and went in my bathroom to finally check out my hair in the mirror...and there, stuck on my scarf, that I was wearing, around my neck...was a LARGE PIECE OF CRUST FROM THE EDGE OF MY CHICKEN SANDWICH.

The struggle is real, people.

And I"ve been all over town WITH FOOD ON MY SCARF. How did it not fall off? I wore my seat-belt and everything!

Today was Mrs. Alanna's last day at TR. She stepped into the role as the Program Coordinator, after our beloved Mrs. Sherrie moved home to take care of her family...after the death of her mother. No clue how this will all play out with the FRIENDS in the days and weeks to come, but there will be drama.

Trust me. There will be.

But today? There was laughter. There were tears.

And there was cake!

"So let's not get tired of doing what is good..." Galatians 6:9 

No comments:

Post a Comment