Sunday, April 6, 2014

Why HAVE A Ballroom With No Balls?

I know pretty much every one is either still in love with the movie, "FROZEN," or is so sick of it that the song, "Let It Go" is making you want to drive your car off a cliff.

I would be in the first group.

I've watched the movie several times...AND I bought the CD. Like the actual CD. Mainly because I haven't figured out the whole i-tune thing and how to get it from my phone to my car so I can listen to it while I drive.

The first time I watched the movie, it was with Holly. We had been wanting to see it for-E-V-E-R after it came out, but our guys really didn't want to. So one day, they were gone and we hit the movie theater. I was so excited! And the movie did not disappoint.

But I'll admit, there was a split-second when I heard the line in the song, "For the First Time in Forever" that says, "why have a ballroom with no balls?" I thought...if the boys were here, they would make something out of that.

But then I forgot about it.

Until the night before we left for our Spring Break trip. Clark and Faith wanted to watch "FROZEN." I was only half-way paying attention when it got to that song, and Clark fell off the couch laughing. And poor Faith...she only has her sister...no brothers to make tacky and crude jokes. And then, in the car on our trip when Logan watched the movie...same thing. He snickered...and laughed and laughed.

Disney should know better. I mean, there are well-meaning moms around the world having to watch their little boys dissolve into fits of laughter when they hear that particular line in the movie.

I read Melanie Shankle's new book, "The Antelope in the Living Room" while we were on our Spring Break. I have always thought she is someone who would be my friend in real life...you know, if she wanted to hang out with an old lady. But I never felt closer to her than when I read Chapter 19.

Chapter 19 talks about boys and men, and how they can take a simple phrase or comment...and turn it into something else. It usually has to do with a body part or a bodily function. I don't even know these people.

I am a mom of 4...one daughter and 3 boys. With my daughter, I can say anything and it is what it is. With my boys, it seems like there's NOTHING I can say without them turning it into something that makes them all start snickering.

Seriously?

I promise we did not raise them this way, and we...Jim and I...don't talk like that in our home.

Well, I will only speak for myself. My boys must've learned it somewhere. ;)

I'm kidding about Disney, of course. We love Disney, and Disney World...and own lots of Disney movies. But it does make you wonder...why HAVE a ballroom with no balls?

All I know is that while I was teaching my little boys that God made squirrels, and squirrels eat nuts...all my boys could think of was...well, you know.

And when I asked if any of them wanted ketsup on their hot-dog weenies, all I got was a whole bunch of snortin' and hee-hawin'.

I think it goes without saying that there's a sporting goods store here in town where we can't shop.

"...be an example to the believers in speech..." 1 Timothy 4:12

1 comment:

  1. I liked the movie because I have a sister. My two grandsons went to it with me but weren't overly enthused with all the singing and princesses lol!

    Heidi M.

    ReplyDelete