Thursday, April 24, 2014

The One Where Jim Had a Cold

It's been a busy week, and I really have nothing to show for it! Logan was here all weekend, and when he's here, Clark will usually hang out at home more...and Holly and Aaron come over...so it was a full house. Plus, EASTER.

The biggest thing around here is that Jim has a cold. Well, he's convinced it's a cold, and I'm not sure it isn't allergies. Either way, he's been miserable...and I would just like to say, without this being taken as man-bashing or whatever: Men + a Cold = Defcon 5. Seriously. Are men not the worst?

Or maybe it's just my man.

He is so strong and healthy and has a never-let-anything-slow-you-down mentality. BUT, it's at this point that I would like to say that he went to bed two nights in a row at 8:30.

EIGHT-THIRTY, PEOPLE.

With a COLD.

I'm not at all bitter at the fact that I haven't been in bed by 8:30 in, like, EVER.

In other news, Joshua and his group of friends have gone on a two-night outing! They are "camping," and this is the 3rd year for their group to go. They stay at a local camp...in cabins that are accessible for the ones who use wheelchairs and need extra help. They all look forward to this event with a mix of fear nervousness and excitement.

It's a big deal...for theses routine-lovers to be out of their elements.

God bless the staff.

I will have to say that our house is SO QUIET without Joshua here. He's not a loud child...not at ALL. The only thing that is loud about him is that he doesn't hear very well, so he tends to turn up his music or tv louder than you and I probably would.

Oh, and when he does his "martial arts," whatever that is. He sometimes crashes around when he's doing that.

But his absence is felt in our home. I am constantly listening for him. Even with his quiet spirit, we miss him...his servant's heart...his constant singing and self-talking...the sound of his little Crocs-wearing feet walking around the house.

Plus, he tells me I'm pretty and asks me how I slept last night...every.single.morning. Bless him.

The silence is LOUD here this morning.

"Every time I think of you, I thank my God." Philippians 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment