Monday, April 7, 2014

Weekend Update...Track, Shower and My New Frig

It's been a while since I've done a plain, ol' weekend update.

We've had a great weekend. On Friday, Clark had a track meet in a town about 45 minutes away. And it was FREEZING. Not really freezing according to the temperature, but it was COLD. Clark had had a track meet earlier in the week, and it was pretty cool...so I had decided that there was NO WAY I would be cold at this next meet.

Thankfully, Joshua was able to stay with Holly and Aaron, so I didn't have to be concerned that he would be getting too cold. Because, as it turned out, I think he would've been miserable.

I wore 3 shirts...PLUS a hoodie...PLUS a cap...PLUS a denim jacket...PLUS I brought a blanket.

Still cold.

I felt bad for the track kids. It wasn't too bad for them while the sun was out, but as soon as it went down, things cooled off even more. Clark started off his 100 meter dash well, but I saw him kind of pull up. I could tell he'd either pulled something or cramped up.

And then in the 4 x 100 meter relay, which is one of his favorite races...and one in which his former team set a school record...he just wasn't able to run well at all. He tried, but it was obvious he was in pain. They ended up not placing at all. Clark scratched his last race, the 200 meter dash. I felt really bad for him, and I hope and pray that it was just a cramp...and not a pulled muscle.

On Saturday, Jim went up to help at the church. We are in the process of moving from our downtown campus to our new building which is several miles away. He got home and we had lunch, and then I had to go help with a wedding shower for our Sunday School teacher's daughter. I only knew 3 people there, but it was still fun. I was happy to help with it.

Also on Saturday, my in-laws came up and brought us a refrigerator for our garage! I know, I know...this is totally a first world problem. For many, many years, we had an extra frig in our garage. It was such a help for our big family. Our last garage frig was struck by lightning during a storm, and we never replaced it. I have really missed it, but when you have other things to pay for like college, nursing school...and this little Nike pullover that I really wanted, it's hard to justify ANOTHER refrigerator.

My mother-in-law has told me for the past couple of years, "one of these days, I'm going to get you another one." And she finally did! She has a family member who was replacing their refrigerator with a new one...so my in-laws bought the old one...and gave it to us! I cannot tell you how excited I am! We have been using Holly's old dorm refrigerator in our garage, and it did help...but this new one is full-sized and AWESOME!

Then, we allll went out for an early dinner before my in-laws headed home. We missed Logan and Morgan, who did not come home from college last week.

Sunday was church and it was great. So blessed to be a part of a great fellowship of believers...and praying for our church as we move our campus from one side of town to another.

Holly and I were supposed to go to another wedding shower on Sunday afternoon, but she had a test to study for. I made an executive decision, and told her I thought we should stay home. This is a busy time for weddings and graduations, but Holly is working very hard in her classes and she needed to be here.

Today is Monday, and it is a "home" day for us. Joshua and I will probably need to make a trip to the grocery after lunch, but we are staying in most of the day. I'm doing laundry and things like that. Catching up. Joshua is unloading the dishwasher as we speak.

I think we have a pretty quiet week so far. Joshua will go to Therapeutic Recreation 2 or 3 days this week. Holly and I will go to choir on Wednesday, and Clark has a track meet on Thursday.

I love these ordinary days, and the ways they refresh our family.

"Lord, Your faithful love reaches to Heaven, Your faithfulness to the clouds." Psalm 36:5

No comments:

Post a Comment