Friday, April 18, 2014

Track and Good Friday

So, Clark had a track meet yesterday. It was his first meet in about 2 weeks, because at the last meet, his hamstring pulled and he had to scratch out of his races.

He ran really well yesterday.

We had to drive over 2 hours to get to the meet...which we don't ever mind doing, but I can hardly stand it. I am always so anxious to get there!

There were quite a few teams at this meet, and Clark's whole team did very well. They came in 2nd over all.

After the meet was over, we signed Clark out so he could ride with us...and then we went to Braum's for dinner. Most people who read this blog probably won't know what Braum's is, because it's only located in a very small area...mostly Oklahoma, but also a couple of places in NWA. It's kind of Dairy-Queenish but it has GREAT ice-cream and most Braum's have a little store area where you can buy their cookies and a few other packaged food items you might need or want if you're on a trip.

Braum's has a flavor of ice-cream that Jim and I LOVE. It's called Chocolate Cappuccino Chunk or something like that...it is YUMMY: coffee flavored with BIG HUNKS of chocolate in it. That's what got me through the 2 hour drive up to the track meet, and the 4 1/2 hours we sat there watching kids race.

Braum's did not disappoint.

We were on our way home and it was about 9:30 or 10, and I got a text from Morgan. It was a picture of her and Logan in his car, and he was driving. Her text said, "guess where we're headed?"

YEP! They were able to get out of or miss their classes on Good Friday, and headed home last night! We got in around 11:30, and Logan pulled in shortly after that. Today has been great having him here.

This morning, Joshua and I took Logan shopping for some dress clothes. He has a formal event with Morgan's sorority next week...and just several things coming up that he needs to dress up for, like, graduation and pre-wedding events. All we ended up finding for him was 1 pair of dress pants...so we are going out again tomorrow. That should be fun: shopping on the day before Easter.

I'm sure the mall will be empty.

I know this post is pretty boring, but this is our every day.

Today is Good Friday, and I was thinking about a Good Friday 28 years ago. Joshua was born in March, and 28 years ago, the day he was born was Good Friday...and in spite of all of the craziness and uncertainty that surrounded that day, it really was a GOOD Friday.

And I've had the events of that first Good Friday on my mind all day. What Christ did for me...for us...on the cross...all while we were and are so undeserving. I cannot fathom that kind of love.

This song has been floating through my head today:

"This, the pow'r of the cross: Christ became sin for us; took the blame, bore the wrath...we stand forgiven at the cross."

"But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners." Romans 5:8

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy your writing! I love Braums!

    Heidi M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heidi! We love Braums, too! Just don't get it often enough!

      Delete