Friday, April 4, 2014

Beach Day 4 (2014)

This is gonna be a pretty boring post, but I am wanting to record it for my family.

So, it's our last full day at the beach and it's another very cool day. It's at this point where I'd like to say that 50 degrees at the beach is 50 degrees...AT THE BEACH! And it's beautiful and soothing and lovely...even on a day when we can't lay out.

Jim and I made a big breakfast and tried to use up all of the breakfast items we had gotten at the store. We hung out here most of the morning. Jim and Holly went on a walk/run...and I played "WAR" with Joshua.

War...HUHHH...what is it good for?

Joshua is so funny. When he would win, he would be so apologetic and say, "well, maybe next time you can win." What a sweetie!

We snacked around for lunch, because we had already planned for an early dinner and then shopping.

We decided to eat at Wintcell's tonight. We may or may not have been the youngest ones in the restaurant when we walked in at 4:55 p.m.

Oh, yes, we did.

But we ate and it was great! And we didn't lose Joshua this time. And then we went shopping at the outlet mall until closing time. It was a fun, fun day.

I really thought about asking Jim if we could stay another day. I think the condo was available and the kids would've been all over it. But the next day was Joshua's birthday, and the peanut-butter pie he requested instead of a birthday cake wasn't going to make itself!

I decided not to ask Jim about the extra day. I know Holly's husband was anxious to see her, and I'm sure Clark's girlfriend's family was ready to have her home, too.

So very thankful for a few days away for rest and refreshment.

"...He refreshes my soul..." Psalm 23:3

No comments:

Post a Comment