Sunday, September 15, 2013

Weekend Update (TRIED)

We've had such a nice weekend!

It started on on Friday, when our sweet friends Clay and Lydia...and little Kylie...came by for a visit. They were passing through town from Norman, OK...on their way to a family gathering in South Arkansas. Or, as Jim calls it L.A. "Lower Arkansas."

Whatever.

It was great to see them and hear how God is working in their lives. We are so proud of them!

We left right after lunch and headed to Clark's ballgame. It was a 2 1/2 hour drive and DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED on why that's not a good idea. I mean, seriously people? But the good GREAT thing was that the game was being played in the town where Logan and Morgan attend college. SCORE! So, we left extra early and got to spend 10 minutes with them. I was so happy to see my boy! And Morgan, too! They were on their way to a college retreat with their church. I am so thankful that, when they are away at school, they have a church home that they LOVE and are involved in.

(I know you're not supposed to end a sentence with a preposition, but I couldn't figure out how to end that one any other way...without sounding like I'm from the other side of the pond..."in which they are involved.")

Nope. Not workin' for me.

So...the game. It was GREAT! The opposing team was supposed to be really tough, but we won 33-14! Clark starts on Special Teams, so we were thankful to see him play some. After the game, we got some ice-cream, and headed straight home. Clark texted to say their bus had broken down before they even left the school. Ugh. Some how they got it fixed, but the boys didn't get home until 2:15 Saturday morning.  Clark was up and out the door by 7:15 for a Key Club service project. And we were up and out the door by 8:15 for a morning wedding in Hot Springs, Arkansas.

At the wedding, we got to see lots of our "old" friends. People we started out life with...and people I hope we finish life with. (again...sorry) Great people who have all gone their separate ways...working and in ministry and at different churches...who came together to support one of our own, as they "married off" a daughter to a husband.

After the wedding, we went by to see Jim's parents. We had lunch at their house, and then I sat down. And then I laid down. I was SO TIRED! It's not a new concept, but it's one I was reminded of yesterday: Momma needs sleep. Apparently, I was cranky. At least that's what I was TOLD by one of my rat-fink children. Anyway, I could hardly keep my eyes open. All I could think of was how to get home as fast as possible so that I could lie down...but I didn't want to be rude...AND we were 2 hours away from home.

Side note: I just want to record this so that we'll remember. Whenever Joshua and Jenni type...like on Facebook or Instagram or text...they almost always type the word "tired" as "tried." So, of course, my family...we ran with it...and we use it all the time. I'm TRIED. Jenni will usually type something like, "I'm tried but adorable," or "look at my tried and beautiful face." Something like that. Some how, when we type it their way, it makes it seem like we're extra tired...which, in my case, I was. So, so tried.

But, we made it home...and we had dinner...and I'll have you know that I had showered and was in my pa-jammies by 8:15.

On a Saturday night.

I guess you could say, "well, your life stinks," but the truth is that I was SO HAPPY to be in my pj's at 8:15.

And, after I washed my brand-new sheets and put them on the bed, I could hardly wait til bedtime! It's the simple things, y'all.

Today, we enjoyed being with our church family. And we enjoyed the family coming over late this afternoon and hanging out and having dinner.

Tomorrow, it's another JV game for Clark...and we play at home. Yay!

We also are continuing in prayer for my precious sister-in-law and her family, as they say their good-byes to her sweet daddy. They are all together as they wait on God's timing for the day He will call Sam HOME...the day that was recorded long ago, before Sam was even born. Won't be long now.

Psalm 139: 16 "...in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed."

No comments:

Post a Comment