Monday, September 16, 2013

The One With The Birthday Cake

On Joshua's first birthday, we went all out. ALL OUT.

Seriously, it was ridiculous.

Not ridiculous like some of the Pinterest parties are now...just way over-board for a one year old who had no clue what was even going on.

Side note: This was the day when my parents drove in from Oklahoma for Joshua's party, and my mom got out of the car and she had red hair. Yeah. She had sported various shades of age-appropriate blonde hair my whole life. But here she was with the most beautiful shade of auburn-y red (this is the only time I will EVER use the word "auburn" to describe anything! Because, GO HOGS...) hair. It looked GREAT on her.

This was also the time when my sister, Leanne, and I discussed the fact that it looked like our mom had had a face lift...something that was never asked about or acknowledged by anyone.

Some things are better left unsaid. 

But she looked beautiful. Always did.

ANYWAY, we invited a bunch of people over to our tiny, little house...family and friends. We knew it was too much, but everyone had been SO WONDERFUL to our family that whole year, and we just kind of wanted to celebrate! Our neighbors let us use their trampoline, so some of the kids got out there and jumped around. We had presents and cake and ice-cream.

See what I mean? A real blow-out! Ha!

And speaking of cake...I think the party was Sesame Street themed. That was something Joshua was really "in" to at the time. I don't even remember where I had the cake made, but it was big and yellow and in all of it's Big Bird glory.

And some how, and to this day I have no idea how this happened...because Joshua didn't even walk until a month before he turned TWO...but some how, Joshua had gotten to the cake table undetected...and had eaten part of the backside of the cake!

AWK!

"Above all, put on love-the perfect bond of unity." Colossians 3:14

No comments:

Post a Comment