Monday, January 25, 2016

Muffins, Hobby Lobby, And Shave-Ham

Today is Monday, and if you're new here, you might not know that I make muffins on Monday...if I know what's good for me.

And I DO.

Last night, when Joshua was heading up to bed, I told him the same thing I tell him every.single.Sunday.night: "DO NOT GET UP AT THE CRACK OF DAWN." And he responds the exact same way, every.single.Sunday.night: "On a MONDAY? Why would I?"

And we laugh.

Because Mondays are our stay-home days. Our catch-up days. Our get-up-later-and-move-slower days. And always, always, always...unless there's a really good reason, it's our blueberry-muffin days.

It's also the day when we sometimes eat at Chick-Fil-A for lunch. But not today!

I had promised our daughter, Holly, I would hang out with her today, so after I caught up on things around here...and after Jim finished lunch and went back to work...Joshua and I headed over to her house. She's been cleaning out and rearranging things, trying to prepare their home for their new baby. She had bags and bags of things to donate to Good Will, so we loaded them up in my car and headed out.

After Good Will, we went to Hobby Lobby. Jim had this old picture that he wanted framed for his office, so he asked if I could maybe take it to Hobby Lobby.

UMMMM...YEAH.

Hobby Lobby is pretty much my happy place. Mine and Holly's. And Joshua? He likes it, too, but he doesn't want to admit it. He does this thing where he acts like he doesn't want to go with us...but if we go without him, he gets his feelings hurt.

I started feeling kinda woozy at Hobby Lobby, and I realized that I hadn't eaten lunch...so we went to Sonic for slushes. I felt like I also needed to order some mozzarella sticks. You know, FOR THE BABY.

Before I took Holly back to her house, we ran to Kroger. Jim had added a few things to our grocery list.

I've written before how he read the book, "Grain Brain" last year. And how, after that, he decided to completely change the way he eats. Not because he's gluten intolerant...he just wants to make me crazy.

He asked me to get him some cranberry juice. We have cran-apple juice in the frig, but he wanted the plain cranberry juice with NO added sugar (blech)...and not the cranberry juice "cocktail." He also asked for some gluten-free granola that he could sprinkle on top of the greek yogurt he eats at night. Ooooookay. And then he asked for "shave-ham." Y'all all know what "shave-ham" is, right?

It's shaved ham from the deli, but apparently here in the South...or in L.A. (Lower Arkansas), where my husband is from...it's "shave-ham."

You're welcome.

Tomorrow, we will hit the ground running for the week. It was good to have a fairly quiet day today.

"Let me experience Your faithful love in the morning, for I trust in You. Reveal to me the way I should go because I long for You." Psalm 143:8

No comments:

Post a Comment