Monday, January 18, 2016

Oh, Hello!

Well, it's been a while! My blogging has taken a backseat. A WAY-BACK backseat.

*Even tho I haven't blogged much, I have posted on IG quite a bit over the break. Follow me over there (martythemoose) if you want to see pictures. Sometimes that's easier to do than to write a whole, big thing.

My college boy has been home for 5 weeks.

FIVE WONDERFUL WEEKS.

Today, he went back to school...and I died a little on the inside.

We've had a great time over the Christmas break. LOTS of family time. I loved every bit of it.

And even tho I knew today was coming...I wasn't really prepared. I had done all of Clark's laundry, so I didn't have to do it this morning. He quietly went around the house, and gathered up all of his stuff.

And, it was ALL over the house.

What is it about boys? Or maybe it's just my boys. They leave a trail wherever they go. And clothes just seem to fall off of them, like the Rapture has come or something.

But I love them so very much.

Clark was ready to go back. I wasn't ready for him to go, but I know he can't stay here. I mean, I do have a little bit of logic and reason. But my mommy's heart can hardly take the good-byes.

I really wanted to go with him today. He had brought home nearly everything from his room...or it seemed like that. He is switching roommates this semester, and so he wanted to be sure to have all of his stuff out of the room over the break. He is super excited that one of his high school friends is transferring to OBU, and will room with him! I thought he might want some help getting all of his stuff back up to his room, and all set up...but he said it wasn't necessary for me to come.

Ooooooooooooooookay.

When Clark texted to let me know he'd made it back to school, he said he was helping his roommate, Houston, AND HOUSTON'S MOM, move in all of Houston's stuff.

WHAT?

Houston's mom is there?

Grrr...

I guess it worked out for the best that I didn't go. Because I spent the rest of the afternoon, and most of the evening, holding my blanket, and rocking back and forth in a dark corner of my bedroom...and I really needed all of that extra time to brood.

This week, Joshua starts back to Therapeutic Recreation, and so we hopefully will get back on our regular schedule...and I will probably get back to blogging every day. I've found out that I'm really not all that interesting unless I'm telling stories about Joshua! :)

"So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up." Galatians 6:9

1 comment:

  1. Actually I've been wondering where you were at. I need a nightly blog post hahaha!!
    I missed you 😀
    Heidi Menges

    ReplyDelete