Thursday, January 28, 2016

Dogs, Hot Tamales, and the Pass-Me-Up Shirt

We had a great day today! Holly was off work, and she rode with us into Little Rock. We took Joshua to his Therapeutic Recreation, and then we hit the town! We went to the mall, where Holly bought a baby gift for a friend. We looked and looked at all of the cute baby things, and it was so fun! :)

When we left there, we headed to this store that sells baby furniture, baby clothes...and all the things that a baby needs.

We've been there once before. Holly is looking at cribs, dressers, and rocking chairs. She is trying to narrow down what she likes, so that when she brings Aaron with her...he is not overwhelmed.

This owners of this particular store have two dogs that they let run around in the store. They are very well-behaved, and it's kind of fun to see them each time we go.

Anyway, the other day I started craving Hot Tamales. You know...those chewy, gummy, cinnamon-y, spicy, red candies. I take spells eating them, and I had bought a box of them last week...on a whim...and it just lit a fire in me to have more.

Must...have...Hot...Tamales.

So, we ran to Kroger the other day, and there...where the Hot Tamales were supposed to be...was a big, empty spot. And that's how Kroger became dead to me, because REALLY?

BUT THEN...yesterday...I was in Target, and they had TONS of Hot Tamales. I may or may not have bought 4 boxes of them. And then I may or may not have eaten one whole box yesterday.

So today, I put another box of Hot Tamales in my purse...because ya never know. And when we were in the baby store, I started feeling hungry. I reached into my purse, and put a couple of Hot Tamales in my mouth. And I ate a few while we looked at the cribs. And I ate a few more while we looked at the baby books. And I hate a few more while we looked through all the baby clothes.

And when we got in line to pay, I heard the man who owns the store yell at one of the dogs, "PUT THAT DOWN." He walked over to the dog, and came over to where we were checking out...and he said, "someone tried to give the dogs a treat." And we said, "oh, really?" And he said, " yes! And a spicy, hot candy AT THAT!"

I don't remember saying anything, but Holly says I said, "oh, nooo...that's not good."

I for SURE didn't fess up to dropping that Hot Tamale...BECAUSE THERE WERE OTHER PEOPLE IN THE STORE, AND YOU KNOW AS WELL AS I DO THAT IT COULD'VE BEEN ANY ONE OF THEM.

But that's how Marty almost died.

And it's also why I probably can't go back into that store for a while...and why when I DO go back in that store, I'd better be prepared to spend around $2000.

After we finished there, we went to Chuy's for a late lunch. It was SO GOOD. The only bad thing about eating at Chuy's, is that you smell like Chuy's when you leave. We learned that the hard way...from that day when we stunk up the maternity store and nearly made everyone in there gag.

Now, tho, we lessen the smell by stripping down to our skivvies taking off any extra layers before we go into the restaurant. I took off my scarf and my sweater...and we both left our purses in the car (in the trunk).

The smell is serious, man.

After lunch, we headed back to pick up Joshua.

Joshua and I kind of matched today, in our blue and white checked shirts. I posted a picture on my IG (martythemoose).

I told Joshua that I liked his shirt, and he said it was a "pass-me-up" from Clark. I laughed, and said, "no, Joshua...it's called a hand-me-down."

He said, "well, Clark is younger than me, so he didn't hand it DOWN...he passed it UP."

Can't argue with that!

"Teach me Your way, O LORD, and lead me in a level path..." Psalm 27:11

No comments:

Post a Comment