Saturday, March 1, 2014

Texas Trip

So, we headed down to Texas recently to celebrate the 25th wedding anniversary of my brother and his wife.

Jim and Joshua went to his parent's house the night before...to take our dog. And, Clark and I were supposed to leave after Clark got out of track practice, and head to the "meeting place" to meet up with Jim and Joshua. And you know what is not fun on any Friday, much less a Friday when you are trying to drive for 7 hours to get to your destination?

TRACK PRACTICE.

So, Clark got in at 4:30 and we left our house at 5...and let me just say that the 30 minutes from the time he got home until the time we left was FAST AND FURIOUS, ma'am.

But, we did it.

And we got to the meeting place to meet Jim and Joshua...annnnd they weren't there.

I had texted Jim when we left our house and said that I WOULD BE DRIVING and that I would SEE HIM SOON, so imagine my surprise when I got to the meeting place and he wasn't there. I checked my phone and had gotten a TEXT from him that read: "let me know when you are half-way."

Seriously?

I never saw it because NO TEXTING WHILE DRIVING, and if you ever want to ruin your credibility with your teenage children, you will never, EVER even glance in the direction of your phone at any time if you are driving.

Like, ever.

Anyway, Clark and I hadn't eaten, so we drove to the McDonald's across the street from the meeting place, and ordered us a finnnnnne dinner.

In ten minutes, Jim screeched into the parking lot on two wheels. He quickly got out, and started throwing stuff in the back of my vehicle like a mad-man. And then he locked up the Burb and headed toward the passenger side of my car...carrying a box of Cheerios, a banana...and a JUG OF MILK.

There are just no words.

If you've ever seen Duck Dynasty, you know that Uncle Si carries around a jug of sweet tea everywhere he goes...so...yeah. Like that only without the beard. And the millions of dollars.

Jim was scooping out handfuls of cereal, and then washing it down with that milk.

IN THE CAR.

I'll take "red-neck car trips for $200, Alex..."

All I could think of was 7 hours in a warm vehicle... with a jug of milk. YUCK. And yes he DID bring it in the house and put it in the frig once we got here. And yes he DID try to put it out on the breakfast bar with the nice, cold milk and the OJ...and I totally busted him out on it bc OLD MILK.

I am so excited to honor my brother and his wife on their 25 years of marriage! And I can't wait to see all of my family!

"For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh." Genesis 2:24

No comments:

Post a Comment