Sunday, November 13, 2016

Weekend Update 11.13.2016

Just sitting here watching the Seattle Seahawks play the Patriots. I'm for Seattle because we used to live in Tacoma...back when I was a girl. My little brother was a big Seahawks fan. He had the bedding, the curtains, the trashcan...everything. I've been cheering for them ever since. :)

We've had a great weekend. We didn't really do a THING worth writing about...but I'm gonna write about it anyway.

On Friday, Jim was off, and it was great to have him here all day. Holly and the baby came over, so Jim got to spend a lot of time with him. Jim and Joshua went to the gym. We ordered Chinese food for dinner, and it was YUMMY.

On Saturday, I "slept-in" a little later than normal. And by "slept-in," I mean that it was around 6 a.m. when I woke up. But I didn't GET up then. I stayed in bed. Jim got up and went on a long run. When he got home, I got up, and we made a "big" breakfast.

After breakfast, we cleaned everything up, and Jim posted up on the couch to read the newspaper and watch TV. Mmmm...hmmm...I know what that means. He's full and warm and tired from his run: NAP TIME FOR JIM.

Not wanting to be left out, I did something I NEVER, EVER do. I decided to crawl back in our bed and read for a bit. But then I turned on the TV, and The Proposal was on. Have you seen that movie? I've seen it a hundred times, but I like it. :) I sank down in the pillows, and pulled the covers up to my chin.

So, yeah...productive morning.

I could hear Jim crashing around up front. I heard the door opening and closing...and him going in and out. DID NOT PHASE ME A BIT. At one point, Jim walked through our bedroom, looked at me, and grinned. He said, "you're kind of enjoying your morning, aren't you?"

Yes. Yes, I am.

I finally did get up, but only because it was nearly lunch-time. No matter how late we eat breakfast, Joshua will be coming down the stairs NO LATER than straight-up noon. He would think I had died, if there wasn't some sort of lunch being prepared. Ha!

He comes by it honest, tho. My Grandma Ellen used to say, "I know we are just now eating breakfast...but let's go ahead and talk about lunch..."

I did laundry. I sat outside in the sunshine, and it was all kinds of peaceful. Holly and Aaron brought Rhodie over, and we watched football. It was such a great day.

Except for the part where Arkansas got trounced by LSU, and Joshua nearly LOST.HIS.MIND. Actually, compared to Aaron-the-son-in-law, Joshua was relatively calm. 

The weather is cooler now, so the house is really cool in the mornings and evenings. We aren't running the air or the heat. After everyone left, I put on my flannel pajammies, and crawled into bed...and I was soooo cozy. This must be what a bear feels like when it gets ready to hibernate.

Hur, hur, hur.

This morning, we had Small Group and church.

Which, funny story: Joshua kept looking at his watch during our class. Side note: Joshua only wears a watch on Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Don't ask. It's a long story. It's just one of his "things." ANYway, he kept looking at his watch during class. I would ask him what time it was, and he would have to look at it again...which showed me that he wasn't even looking at it for the time, necessarily. He was doing it out of habit.

So, he kept looking at his watch during class (LIKE I'VE SAID 3 TIMES ALREADY), and I whispered, "hey...you takin' medicine?" He just grinned at me, and then said, "uhhhh...NO. I'm timing Dad."

HE HAD PUT THE TIMER ON HIS WATCH TO SEE HOW LONG JIM'S LESSON WAS TAKING.

The little stinker.

Tonight, we met Logan and Morgan for dinner, and that was so fun! They are going to be out-of-town for about 8 days or so before Thanksgiving, so we were happy to get to have dinner with them tonight. :)

Before we left the house, Joshua came downstairs, dressed and ready to go. He was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. He had his backpack on his back...and he was carrying his denim jacket. He knows Logan has a denim jacket. He said, "maybe Logan will wear his denim jacket tonight."

Well, we pulled up and parked. We got out of the car. We saw Logan and Morgan walking in the door of the restaurant. I looked at Joshua, to see if he'd noticed. Oh yes, ma'am. You'd better believe he noticed. He had on his "proud face" on, and was putting his arms into his jacket. When we walked in the door, he grinned real big at Logan. Logan said, "hey! You brought out the denim tonight!"

I wish I had taken a picture of them. It was really cute.

This quiet and restful weekend was JUST what I needed.

"Because the LORD is my shepherd, I have everything I need! He lets me rest in green meadows; He leads me beside peaceful streams. He restores my strength..." Psalm 23:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment