Monday, November 14, 2016

Joshua: Therapeutic Recreation Update 11.10.2016

I've been trying to write a few "thankful" posts during the month of November...but, like I stated in a previous post, life is going on...and I want to record some of those memories as well.

A couple of weeks ago, Joshua's Therapeutic Recreation group went to the dinner theater. They saw Agatha Christie's, "And Then There Were None." It made a BIG impression on all of the FRIENDS.

At the dinner theater, you pay one price for a ticket, and the meal is included. It's a buffet, so people can choose what they want. They also have dessert, but Joshua rarely gets it. He has so much self-control.

The drinks are included: water, tea, coffee. If you want a soda, that costs extra. Joshua always gets water...and coffee.

He does not drink coffee. EVER. Oh, sometimes, Holly will save him some of her frappa-mocha-whipped-cream whatever...and he MIGHT have a sip or two. Other than that, he won't drink coffee. Doesn't really like it.

EXCEPT when they go to the dinner theater. I don't know if it makes him feel "big" or what. It's funny.

The first thing Joshua told me was, "I didn't want to over-eat, so all I had was peas and carrots...

And fish...

And mashed potatoes...

And HAM."

Oh, GOOD. I'm so thankful he didn't over-eat.

I don't know if you are familiar with the play they saw, but...SPOILER ALERT: lots of people die.

That would've been good for the FRIENDS to know in advance...because some of them have sensory issues.

And, to give credit to the dinner theater, they did come out at the very beginning to say there would be a lot of shooting...that it was all part of the show.

But to quote Joshua, "once the shooting started, it was all for one...and all for one."

Yep. That's not a type-o.

All for one...and all for one.

And then one day last week, they went to a restaurant called, "Mellow Mushroom." Since we'd had pizza the night before, he said he wanted to order something different. He said, "I got a hokie." I said, "a what?" He said, "a HOKIE." I said, "what is a hokie?" He said, "uhhh...a SANDWICH."

Ohhhhhh...a HOAGIE.

Bahahahahaha...

He makes me smile every day. So thankful for him. :)

"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty." Psalm 91:1

No comments:

Post a Comment