Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Pregnancy and Mashed Potatoes

So, Holly, our daughter, is pregnant! I posted about it here. And here. And here. :)

And some days she has been really sick and yakkin' up her guts. And other days, she's just queasy, and the only thing she wants to eat is pizza...and mashed potatoes. And not necessarily at the same time.

But maybe at the same time.

Which is funny, considering her husband, Aaron-the-son-in-law, eats from the 4 major food groups of: chicken, steak, burgers...and pizza. Holly gets SO SICK of pizza.

But now she WANTS pizza.

Maybe that means the baby is a little boy like Aaron!

One day, she was at work and texted me on her lunch hour. She said she was wishing she had a tub of mashed potatoes. And, she said, "by TUB, I mean LARGE BUCKET."

I had used all of my potatoes making her mashed potatoes one day last week, so I went to the store and got a 5 lb bag, and I made them ALL. I kept a small amount for Jim, Joshua and I to have with our dinner...and I packed up the rest for her to take home with her.

I texted her a little before 7 (she gets off work at 7), and told her we had two small pieces of steak left...and some mashed potatoes. She texted back something along the lines of "you're gonna make me cry at work."

She came over after she got home, and she ate our left-overs. Aaron brought food from McDonald's. :)

I sent her home with a small piece of steak, and the container of mashed potatoes. She said that she ate them at work yesterday, and that it made her feel much better.

So tomorrow afternoon? After Joshua and I get home from Therapeutic Recreation? I'll be going to the store for more taters, because like I told her: "if you eat all of them in 2 days, you best be believin' I'll make more."

"If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!" Matthew 7:11

No comments:

Post a Comment