Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Maternity Clothes and The Purple Bra

Holly and I had the best day today! Joshua's girlfriend's mom called, and asked if Joshua would like to spend the day with Jenni and the rest of their family at their Christmas celebration. Holly and I took him to meet up with them, and then we headed to Little Rock for shopping.

I wanted to get Holly some maternity clothes for Christmas, but she kind of needed to be there to pick things out and try things on.

But first...LUNCH.

We had lunch at Chuy's, and then took a nap in the car.

JUST KIDDING...but that would've been nice! Because, as my father-in-law would say, I was as "full as a tick!"

I really didn't know where to go for maternity clothes, but I decided to take her to A Pea In The Pod. It was a good choice. I was really hoping it wouldn't be one of those places where you buy shirts with writing on them that say things like "BUN IN THE OVEN," or have a big arrow pointing to her belly.

No, thank YOU.

Holly will not need or want a whole lot of maternity clothes. She's hoping she can get by on leggings and her husband's shirts for as long as possible! But she's got a wedding to attend in March, and then there's Easter...and a couple of other times that she will want to wear something a little nicer.

So we went through the store, and looked at or touched almost every item. We gathered a bunch of things, and she went to try them on. The employee-lady told her to put the fake belly on, so she could see what she would look like at 7 months pregnant.

It.was.hilarious.

Not as hilarious as Holly trying on pregnancy/nursing bras.

I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time!

In the end, she came home with a purple bra.

PURPLE.

When we asked about getting one in a more neutral color...say, WHITE...or maybe NUDE, the lady said, "THIS BRA ONLY COMES IN PURPLE."

WHAT?

I just canNOT WAIT for Aaron-the-son-in-law to see it!

We got several things. I'm going to wrap them up, and put them under the tree. And, on Christmas day, after she works her 12 hour shift at the hospital...and then comes over to our house at 8 p.m. so the kids can all open their gifts together...she better freak out like she's never freaked out before...and I better hear her say, "HOW DID YOU KNOW?" and "IT'S JUST WHAT I WANTED!"

Today was such a fun day! :)

"The LORD your God is with you; He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you; He will quiet you with His love. He will rejoice over you with song." Zephaniah 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment